Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

For OCEs only - Poor quality calls in one direction

9 REPLIES 9
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi Guys,

We have reported this before, but it has been intermittent & difficult to prove. Sometimes when we make a call the other end hears us OK, but what we hear is their voice breaking up badly. This is rather like a mobile call in a bad area. We had this twice today to two different numbers, once this morning & again at around 19:02 this evening. We have tried it with a cordless & a corded phone it makes no difference. In each case, we have originated the call, but I don't think that is anything to do with it.

When you remake the call, it is fine.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KeithFrench

I'll run some tests and see if anything is picked up

I'll get back to you. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Arne

All of these calls seem to be to other numbers on our exchange. I don't profess to know how calls route within the same exchange, but I would guess that they use VoIP these days. The symptoms that we get is identical to a call going over a particular route where the QoS is either non-existent or wrongly configured, causing the RTP voice packets to break up, being held up by larger data packets.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

OCE_Arne

Hi @KeithFrench

Hi Apologies Im not ignoring you at all, simply waiting for more advice from our network team

I have ran every line test we have at our disposal and nothing is picked up, so not really sure where to go. 

Ill let you know when they reply. 

KeithFrench
Community Star

Thanks @OCE_Arne for the update.

I have reported this about twice before & got nowhere. I don't believe it is anything to with either my line or phones nor the called number's line & equipment, because when you remake the call it is fine. I am convinced it is down to some bad route we pick up when the call routes to the destination (although on the same exchange).

Keith

OCE_Arne
KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Arne

If that was the case, surely the calls would be bad when they were remade straight afterwards?

Keith

OCE_Arne

We requested a card reset for Saturday afternoon,  Have you experienced the problem since Sunday?  

KeithFrench
Community Star

Hi @OCE_Arne

Thanks for that, no we haven't had problems since then, but it may be a week or more before I can be sure due to its intermittent nature. I'll let you know.

Keith