cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Heads Up ! Voicemail charges from 1st August 2019.

9 REPLIES 9
martswain
Philosopher

For those of you that use voicemail on your landline and cannot be bothered to read your bills !

Important Reminder
Important update about Voicemail
We're making changes to how we offer our standard Voicemail. From 1st August 2019, if you have Voicemail activated on your account, we will charge 2p each time you dial 1571
Martin
KeithFrench
Community Star

That talks about Standard Voicemail, I wonder if it applies to Voicemail Plus?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

computerman
Whizz Kid

Re: We’re making changes to how we offer our standard Voicemail. From 1st August 2019, if you have Voicemail activated on your account, we will charge 2p each time you dial ‘1571’.

Does this apply to people like me who pay an amount (about £5/month) for free uk calls.

KeithFrench
Community Star

Yes it does I am afraid. The UK Unlimited calls boost covers numbers starting 01, 02, 03 & 07, so 1571 is not in that list.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

martswain
Philosopher

As voicemail is a separate boost, I am pretty sure it'll apply to you.

Martin
RobTTC
Popular Poster

Right.  Number one, you didn't inform me of this in advance of implementing it, I only found out when I was reviewing my Boosts today, isn't that illegal?

Number 2, I'm paying £10 a month for UK calls even though I'm using the landline less and less as everyone communicates by mobile these days, and even though I'm getting less and less value for my home phone you want to charge me extra?  Not that it will cost me much as nowadays most people text me if I don't answer either phone, but with you having an attitude like this it doesn't surprise me that my kids don't bother with having a landline phone at all.  If you carry on charging me more and more for less and less usage this I'll give my own landline up too

ferguson
Community Star

@RobTTC  You should have received notification in your June billing email, check and see.

RobTTC
Popular Poster
Yes it's there. I only scrolled down to my Bill amount, because the Subject of the email was, as usual, Your Latest TalkTalk Bill Has Arrived', not 'Changes to our Pricing' or 'Important News about Voicemail Charges'.
And as I said, landline phone companies will go the way of the dinosaurs if they keep charging more and more for less and less. And not just for calls, some kids are already using their mobiles as WiFi hotspots rather than paying for landline broadband. You need to up your game
martswain
Philosopher

@RobTTC 

You can't give up your landline, that's how your broadband arrives in your home.

You can choose to delete the calls boost and unplug your phone, however the line will remain available no matter what you do.

Martin
RobTTC
Popular Poster
Yep that's what the kids do nowadays, buy broadband only and just use their mobiles for any phone calls. Some don't even buy the broadband, they turn their phone into a hotspot and connect it to the laptop, use data over their phone and bypass landlines altogether