Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone Fault

exeterc4
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have a fault on my mother's home phone.  Broadband seems to be Ok.  How do I report this fault?  I have spent an hour searching the Talk Talk website with no success.  I found 2 numbers elsewhere online, one is permanently engaged.  This other took me through a long process and then check the broadband and told me it was OK....  I am very concerned as my mother relies on her lhome phone line for her fall alarm.  She has recently fallen several times, so it is a big problem if the landine is not working and I can't get any intelligent response from Talk Talk.  Please help.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi exeterc4

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are detecting a loop fault and this fault can often be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Can I just check, have you tested with a different phone at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

The phone lines are open Monday to Saturday after 9am, @exeterc4, till 7pm weekdays,  6pm Saturdays, not open Sunday. 

However one help centre is out of action just now so response times will be very slow.

The number is 03451 720046, or use Chat.

The link to Chat has a turquoise background when available on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Opening hours for that are also listed there. 

You can also wait for a reply from TT staff on here, but that will be daytime Monday to Friday, and your thread is in a queue for their attention. 

You will need to complete your community forum profile details and add your mother's details in there too. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. Put your details in there. At the end of that section, in Private Notes, add your mother's name, address, and landline telephone number. Save changes. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes