Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone noise on line

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 12 of 12

Hi we have had a few calls like today we called someone from our home phone and they said the line was fine there end but we could her like noise on the line was not clear.

can u please help and do a line check as the other day this week the router went to orange flashing light i had to turn off and on again and the bb was back working as went off line before

any help would be good we will keep a eye on it but we do not use it that often only a few times a month

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK thanks. If you still have the same issue with the new handset just let us know 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@Chris-TalkTalk i am going to look at it more when have more spare time in the next 2 weeks so will try another phone set 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi hosay299,

Do you have another telephone handset that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 4 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalk we have had a issue where we can not hear a person on the phone that well also a friend who live a few days away calls get cut of when answer it and also they say they can here use fine but we can not hear then fine.  that is what 1st reported it 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi hosay299

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see a few re connections on the line.

Are you still experiencing noise on the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 6 of 12

@Karl-TalkTalk BB went off had to turn the router bt box of for a while then came back on 

the router was flashing white and orange but now got a while full light again????

odd

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi silverbird63

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

silverbird63
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 12

Hi my phone is dead and I have tried everything. I rely on phone how can I get it checked I cannot ring talktalk

Not an expert at much just like to learn about as many things as I can

Message 9 of 12

OK, No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

hosay299
Philosopher
Message 10 of 12

@Karl-TalkTalk ok what we will do report back if still have issue 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

All tests are clear, router in sync at 160mb and line tests are also clear.

try a couple of test calls periodically and see if the noise remains. Check another handset if possible to make sure this is not at fault.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes