cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Home phone - no connection no dial tone!

7 REPLIES 7
Johnkayst
First Timer

Hi.

I've recently lost my home phone connection (noticed it yesterday, but it may have happened the day before) after some four years of problem-free use.

My phone is currently showing the message 'Check phone line'. There is no dial tone or indeed any sound whatsoever coming from it. I've tried connecting an old wired phone instead of the 'wireless' Panasonic phone I have used for the last few years and it makes no difference. my phone is completely dead!

Interestingly my TalkTalk router which is also connected to this phone line is still working perfectly, so it's just the phone connection that has gone!

It looks to me as if I've been disconnected for some reason!

I've tried reporting it to TT, but as usual, the 'online help' has been no help at all! I can report the problem online, but then, because they have to reboot my connection, I have to contact them again. I then get put through to another operator and the whole process just starts again!

In the past, I've always had much more success talking online to one of the Mods on this forum, hence this message!

For what it's worth... it is my opinion that my connection has simply been broken for some reason by TT. Maybe my recent switch from a 'free' service to having to pay for the service... Maybe it's just a simple SNAFU... But as I do not have a mobile phone connection where I live, I am desperate to get my fixed line phone working again!

Can someone please help? In the past, the moderators on this site have always been excellent. I hope that this is still the case...

Best regards,

John

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Johnkayst

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

OCE_Arne

Hi @Johnkayst

Line test has picked up a fault in the exchange, so ill log this to our network team.

Thanks

OCE_Arne

Hi @Johnkayst

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 72 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Tuesday for an update

Regards

Johnkayst
First Timer

Thank you, Arne. As usual, if you want something sorted, it's always best to come here!

Appreciate the quick response and the good work. Hopefully this will get the problem fixed.

Best regards,

John

Johnkayst
First Timer

Hi Arne.

Just a quick update...

The engineer from BT turned up a couple of hours ago and after doing a bit of testing managed to track the problem down to the local junction box. He has now fixed the problem (faulty connection) and I am now reconnected!

Thank you very much for your help. The problem is now solved and you can close the 'ticket' if you like.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

Best regards,

John (Johnkayst)

OCE_Arne