Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

How do I remove a call divert?

6 REPLIES 6
Stan81
Popular Poster

A support engineer diverted my landline to my mobile a while back; I now need this removed.

Any ideas how I get this done? They are pretty busy at the moment and I've been unable to get hold of them all day by phone. The chat function on their app goes unanswered. 

I'm on the Faster Fibre package, and I don't have the Caller Divert option enabled. I presume I can dial a cancellation code from my landline, or something. Any thoughts?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi Stan

Hang on a bit until Monday and all being well the TalkTalk Community team can remove a call divert that's been put in place during a fault condition. Normally the customer service team will do this for you but, as you say, they're very busy.

If it's a normal divert then to switch off "divert all calls" dial #21#

Here's the advice article about normal and fault condition call diverts.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Stan81

Just to confirm I have checked the line and there are no diverts showing. 

Regards

Stan81
Popular Poster

Gondola,

Thanks for your reply.

I've had a message from Support who say that they've removed the divert. However, callers now hear three pips and get an invalid number message on their phone. What's happening here?

Rick

Stan81
Popular Poster
Thanks Anre, I think our posts collided!
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Stan81 

The three pips and invalid number message means the number hasn't yet been reinstated to the number porting lookup database. It does take time for all databases to be refreshed. Give it 24 hours and post back if the issue is still the same.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff