Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find who has been calling me from a private number?

2022red
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have been receiving a lot of strange calls from a private number during the day and early hours of the morning. Yesterday I had 20 calls. I have lost count of how many calls I have received today. 

When I answer the phone there is someone at the other end but they don't speak. 

How to find who has been calling me?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Message 1 of 8

There is a calling feature chargeable at £3 per month to block incoming calls from witheld numbers. There are call screening devices available, such as the BT8500 which intercept unexpected calls and will block calls from anyone whose number isn't in the approved list, or who doesn't identify themselves.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi

If you are receiving nuisance calls, you should report this to the police, and they can go through the correct channels to contact our teams for information.

If someone is making a malicious call, they will often call from other numbers, so ultimately a number change may be the best way to resolve, but that is of course your decision.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

2022red
First Timer
Message 3 of 8

Hi Karl

Thanks for the speedy response. 

Unfortunately it isn't possible for me to change my number. If the police are involved will talktalk provide them with the details? 

These calls are causing obvious distress to our family. We have received over 10 more of these calls just this morning.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi

We are unable to tell who called you if they are withholding their number.

If these calls persist, you may want to request a renumber to have your number changed.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

Wait for a reply from staff, @2022red, daytime. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

2022red
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for the reply @Gliwmaeden2 

I have caller display but the caller has withheld their number.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Do you have Caller Display (it's free, @2022red) added in My Account?

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

They will reply during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes