Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCOMING AND OUTGOING CALLs

magenpie48
Participant
Message 30 of 30

Apparently callers getting permanent Engaged tone for last 2-3 days. Tried to dial out but no Dial tone and unable to dial out. Plugged phone straight into main socket but same result both No Dial tone out and Engaged tone in.

Grateful for some help. 

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 30

@PercyB Please start your own topic if you want the support team here to help:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/bd-p/49

0 Likes

PercyB
Message 2 of 30

Thank you. I have now 'chatted' to TalkTalk but am not confident of an early resolution. Thank you for your advise abotu adding my landline number. I shall attempt to do this but am not really very computer literate.

Mrs Rosemary Barber
0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Try Chat, @PercyB, from the link on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-live-chat-team/ta-p/2230529

Or start your own thread by returning to the message board and clicking on Start a Topic. 

Also add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Launch Profile Wizard. 

Staff will only reply to the original poster. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

PercyB
Message 4 of 30

My landline hasn't worked since 13 January 22. A TalkTalk engineer came out on 16 January and confirmed that the fault was with the exchange and that BTOpenreach would need to fix it. I spoke to TalkTalk and they said to ring back if not fixed by this afternoon, 18 January. It is still not working but I cannot get through to TalkTalk at all..

Mrs Rosemary Barber
0 Likes

magenpie48
Participant
Message 5 of 30

Many thanks!

M.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

If there is no individual fault ticket Auto Compensation team have no visibility, I will ask them to look into it.

0 Likes

magenpie48
Participant
Message 7 of 30

Hi

Thanks for this.

Does not my message of 23 November 2021 (no. 23 on this thread) not constitute a report of my fault to TT?

M.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Hi magenpie48

Did you report this fault to us?   

There are no Closed Fault tickets in our system against your account.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 30

There's a separate team that deals with this, @magenpie48, but forum staff can investigate why there's no sign of an email from them. 

Any payment is highly likely to be later than the ideal timescale. There is an industry-wide backlog, sadly. See the pink notice on the link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

magenpie48
Participant
Message 10 of 30

Hi

Thank you for forwarding the copy of the Compensation Policy, I had already viewed this previously online following advice from others affected by the same outtage.

My latest bill received today for usual amount of £29.00 (Account 3100071274) , so no credit has been applied, and I have not received any emails from TT regarding compensation as mentioned in the Policy.

As mentioned below my phone service was unavailable at least from 23 November to 2 December 2021, and was probably 3 or more days prior to this, no doubt TT has the details as many customers in my area were affected and have already been compensated.

Please can you follow this up and apply compensation as appropriate.

Many thanks

M.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Hello,

I've also included our automatic compensation policy below,

About your auto compensation credit

Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 30

OK, well see if there is any credit on your next bill which would appear to be due shortly. Either way, post back and let us know. 

0 Likes

magenpie48
Participant
Message 13 of 30

Hi Thanks for the reply.

Last bill dated 15 December (£29.00) paid 24 December 2021.

M.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 14 of 30

Probably, but tied into your billing cycle. When was your last bill dated?

0 Likes

magenpie48
Participant
Message 15 of 30

Hi

I  had assumed that because of the extended loss of phone service as outlined in these posts between 23 Nov and 2 Dec 2021 that I would receive some auto compensation from Talk Talk in line with their serivce agreement. However this does not appear to be the case.  I am aware that a significant number of other households in my area (South Oulton Broad, Lowestoft) experienced loss of phone service from 19 November for nearly 3 weeks and that some of these have received compensation.

So anything for me....?

M.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi

Thanks for confirming.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

magenpie48
Participant
Message 17 of 30

Now seems to be resolved Outgoing and Incoming calls now functioning as normal - fingers crossed,.

Thanks for your efforts!!

M

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi magenpie48,

No further updates yet, we'll check again tomorrow

Chris

0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

No problem, I'll check again later this afternoon and get back to you 🙂

0 Likes

magenpie48
Participant
Message 20 of 30

Thanks a lot, I do appreciate your efforts!

M

0 Likes