Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Calls Are Not Being Received

Charity17
Team Player
Message 29 of 29

My telephone is not registering incoming calls.  I have just run a service check which identified a fault which the auto response said had fixed the problem.  This is not the case as when home number is dialled an immediate "hang up" is heard at the callers end and the house telephone does not ring.  Outgoing calls seem to be OK. TalkTalk have emailed to say service is working but to contact help service status, however, that does not seem to help as that was where I went in the first place.

Any advice on this matter?

Thanks

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

No Problem 🙂

I've also sent you a PM regarding our interaction.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 2 of 29

Hi Karl

Yes Wednesday 6th July (PM) is okay.   Thanks for sorting this out.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hi

Earliest Appointment I have from Openreach is Wednesday 6th (PM).  I've booked this in, is this ok ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 4 of 29

Hi Karl

Looks like our messages have crossed.   I confirm that I accept the potential engineers charges.   As per my previous message an appointment for Tuesday 5th July PM would be preferred and I await your confirmation.

Kind regards

0 Likes

Message 5 of 29

Hi

Thanks for completing the Secure Verification. Please can you also confirm you accept the 'potential' engineer charges and let me know if there is a preferred day for the engineer to visit.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 29

Hi

We can never tell where a fault is located, this can only be truly identified by an engineer on site, but testing at the master socket directly reduces the risk of the fault being caused by something internal.

I'll drop you a PM with the info we require to proceed with an engineer booking.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 7 of 29

Yes please. I assume this means the fault is somewhere outside the house, up to our MasterSocket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 29

Hi Charity17

Thanks for your reply. The same loop fault has been detected.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 9 of 29

OK will do that now

Regards

Message 10 of 29

Hi,

Yes please if that would be ok for another 15 minutes?

Thanks

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 11 of 29

Hi 

No the faceplate was not removed.  What do you want me to do?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 12 of 29

Hi,

I've re-run the line test again now which is still showing the loop fault. Was the faceplate also removed?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hello,

Unfortunately not as we are a online team only. I've removed this from your post now, please do not post any personal information on the Community. I will start the line test at 10:20 and it will be ok to re-connect your equipment at 10:35.

Thanks

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 14 of 29

Hi Michelle

OK I will unplug our equipment now.   Would it be possible for you to text me on REMOVED when the test has been done.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Hello,

Would it be possible to do this just so we can fully rule this out as the next step will be an engineer visit to the property. We would just need 20 minutes to run the test.

Thanks

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 16 of 29

Not sure if you received my original response.  I have tried different handsets, including a non digital one plugged directly into the master socket with the same result. I have also tested using the inbuilt "test socket".  Do you still want me to unplug our equipment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a few tests on the line now which have detected a loop fault which can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line. Have you also tested with a different handset? Would it be possible to remove all equipment from the line for a short period so we can re-run the line test again please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 18 of 29

Staff will pick this up during the week,  Monday to Friday, @Charity17.

It's best not to post further as this delays the thread from reaching staff in the automated queue. Wait till they reply.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

CJT1980
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 29

@Charity17 

I think the fact you have posted here and gone through those steps and confirmed it's not an internal issue, one of the moderators or community star's will pick this up and get you some assistance.

0 Likes

Charity17
Team Player
Message 20 of 29

Hi thanks for your reply.   I took the faceplate off and plugged the telephone into the test socket but got the same result, an immediate hang up.   I am at a loss what to do next as live chats never seem to have any outcome and every time I start a chat I just have to go through all the same questions.  Any suggestions wou,d be appreciated.

0 Likes