Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Landline Issue

Luther1
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Over the last few days when people call my landline I can hear them but they cannot hear me. 

When I call out it works fine. I have tried all 3 handsets in my house and the issue happens on all of them. 

Very frustrating as I do not have outbound calls included in my package with you. 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Yes please, this just makes sure that none of them  are faulty and causing the issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

We dont have a test socket, all of the sockets in the property are older and none of them are a test socket. Do I need to unplug all of the phones except the one that is plugged into where it comes into the property and complete that test and let you know? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

did you test at the test socket if you have one ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Good Morning, so I completed a test this morning and it appears the issue is now happening when I call out rather than receiving calls. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

If you do not have a test socket, i you have more than one phone socket, test at the master socket- thats usually where the line enters the property, and check that any additional phones in other sockets are unplugged.  

Testing at the test socket rules out internal wiring issues or a faulty faceplate before we progress for an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Ok will do thank you, and if I don't have a test socket what should I do? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi

If you have a test socket, open the front of the test socket, plug your phone into the socket inside and make a test call from your mobile to your landline and see if callers can hear you.

There are many youtube videos that show you how to test : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VQNJGhUNHM&t=3s

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

I will have to check if I have a test socket when I get home. 

What am I doing to test this? 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

Line tests are clear, not seeing an issue remotely.

Do you have a 'Test Socket' , and if you do, have you tested directly at this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes