Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls disrupt internet

joe942
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

I am getting incoming calls which crackle and cut off my fibre broadband Router,  sometimes for the duration of the call and again when the call finishes.

My fibre speed should be 65 but mainly it is half that or less.

My incoming line passes through a tree which is forcing the cable upwards.

Have had two line replacements after this problem over the years.

Two Openreach engineers have been to sort the problem and carried out extensive checks and actions, but no solution yet.

Any ideas.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi, 

No Problem 🙂

We are here when you need us.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Mart. My router is remotely hard wired so I advised the most recent engineer of the problem and requested a new filtered dual faceplate which he provided.   I changed my house phone system from a cordless unit to a plug in wired desk phone. The engineer found a corroded connection up the telegraph pole which broke off when he touched it. He cleaned and reconnected the wire.  I am now monitoring for a week after which I will reconnect the cordless unit and monitor again. Thank you TT for your help. The connection socket does have a test output.  If I still have a recurring fault I will let you know. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi joe,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault which would require an engineer visit to the property. Just to confirm, does your main socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

Failed microfilter or not all extensions filtered.

Change/add filters.

If you have a filtered faceplate with two outlets, remove the faceplate and connect a microfilter to the test socket and then the router and phone to that and see if the fault still occurs.

0 Likes