Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls - does not ring phone and goes dead

normsland
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Hello Team,

I am just wondering if I could have an update on the fault I raised last Monday 14th Feb. The problem is that my home phone no longer rings and cuts off almost immediately after trying to call it. I have run through the tests. TalkTalk have acknowledged that there is a problem with my line. One Wed 16th Feb, a BT OpenReach engineer has been to the Exchange and Street Cabinet but said he could see a problem with the line. However he could not fix it and another engineer would attend.

This is almost a week ago now. Please can I have an update on the status of my unringing phone line.

Thanks 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi normsland

Thanks for confirming your details.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 28/02 AM (8am - 1pm) This was the first available appointment.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

normsland
Team Player
Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Replied please let us know if you need anything else. Thanks

Message 3 of 10

Hi normsland

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

normsland
Team Player
Message 4 of 10

Hi Karl,

Yes I have unplugged everything. Taken the faceplate off. Plugged the brand new phone from Curry's tried, then my Panasonic DECT both directly in the Test socket with no microfilter still does not ring. The fault seems to be intermittent my parents tried calling twice this evening, the first time their BT line said "there was a problem please try again" then the second time the phone actually rang. 

Please can you arrange a BT Openreach engineer again.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi

Can you just test the phone only with no microfilter, just so you are sure the microfilter is not at fault. Also, if you are sure the phone you are using to test is in good working order, and this still fails, then the next option would be to proceed with an engineer booking for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

normsland
Team Player
Message 6 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Yes we have removed the front cover of the master socket and plugged the phone via micro filter in to the BT test socket and the problem still exists.

Please let me know if you need any further information. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi normsland

Thanks for confirming this. One last question, is the phone at the test socket, with the face plate removed?

Debbie

0 Likes

normsland
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

HI Chris,

Yes we have tried a brand new telephone that we bought from Curry's last week the problem still exists. I have unplugged everything  and plugged the phone via microfilter directly in to the Master Socket. Therefore there is no router involved. This is a phone line problem not a broadband issue.

Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi normsland,

It looks as though the initial fault was cleared but line test is now showing a loop fault. Have you tested with a different telephone? Do you experience the same issue with the router disconnected?

Chris

0 Likes