Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming withheld numbers being blocked

kjguest
Team Player
Message 22 of 22

Hi, I'm having a problem with my landline. I've discovered that a relative of mine (who withholds her number for security reasons) has been trying to ring me but is blocked with a message that my number does not accept calls from withheld numbers. Now, I've checked my account and I do not have anonymous caller reject activated. However, some years ago I did have this switched on when the service was free. Is it possible that my line is still rejecting withheld numbers although I'm not paying for the service now? Any help would be much appreciated because I can't see any way to fix this.

Cheers, Kelvin.

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi kjguest,

Thanks for trying that. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Yes, I've already tried to do that but I'm being treated by 3 different hospitals and they don't seem to be sharing any info.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 22

You can change your contact details with the NHS so that the priority phone number that they call is your mobile, @kjguest.

In fact, I have found that they tend to try to call me on my mobile even when I have specified that I prefer them to use my landline number, to the extent that I got them to remove my mobile number! That was the only way to be sure they wouldn't cut across Skype calls etc!

It might help if you set up the mobile number for contact as a temporary measure, rather than the landline. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi, Thanks for that but I did already know. It's not the charge that's bothering me it's the fact that I'm undergoing hospital treatment at the moment and the oncologist is having trouble calling me on the landline which is a bit inconvenient to say the least.

Take care, Kelvin.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 22

Staff are away now until Monday, @kjguest.

The charge for a month will be just £3.00, which they have promised to credit back to you if applied, as Chris posted in #14.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi Chris, I've activated anonymous caller reject on my account as you suggested and gave it 24 hours. However, I can't now deactivate it (the option is greyed out) because, I suppose, it's a 1 month contract period for the boost which is what I expected to happen and get charged for. Is there any way you can override this and switch it off?

Cheers, Kelvin.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 22
0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Leave it with me, Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

OK thanks. You shouldn't be charged but if you are just let us know and we'll credit it back 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Happy to try that, in fact I'd had the same idea. But will I be charged if I activate the service?

Kelvin.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

OK thanks. Could you try enabling anonymous call reject in My Account, and then disable it again (this can take up to 24 hours to complete) and then retest. If it then still isn't working we'll log it over to our network team for investigation 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi Chris,

Yes, my relative who withholds her number has been on my CallSafe approved list for some time. I've just added my mobile number to the list and tried ringing the landline again - still blocked I'm afraid.

Kelvin.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Kelvin,

Are the blocked number on the CallSafe approved list?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

Hi Kelvin,

OK thanks for trying, I'll look into it and get back to you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hi Chris, Thanks for helping with this. Just tried ringing my landline from mobile and withholding number. I'm afraid still being blocked.

Kelvin.

PS: I have got CallSafe activated.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 22

Hi kjguest,

I've made a change, could you please retest and let us know if the issue is now resolved

Chris

0 Likes

kjguest
Team Player
Message 17 of 22

Hi, Rang TT yesterday to try and get this fixed. Spent over an hour on the phone and the Customer Service Agent (based in South Africa) was trying to be helpful but could not offer a solution. She tried ringing my landline but had no idea how to withhold her number so that got us nowhere. She did confirm that Anonymous Caller Reject had been active on my line some years ago (exactly as I thought) but was switched off now. I asked if I could be transferred to someone in the UK but this was refused. Anyone from TT on here who could help?

Cheers, Kelvin.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi, Appreciate the swift response. Thanks for the tip - will pass on.

Cheers, Kelvin.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 22

Hi, Thanks for replying so quickly. I know it's not just my relative having this problem. Earlier, I tried ringing my landline from a mobile and withholding the number and it was also blocked. Also a few weeks ago the hospital were trying to ring me and couldn't get through but fortunately they had my mobile number. I checked then that I didn't have anonymous caller reject set up.

Cheers, Kelvin.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 20 of 22

Do other calls from withheld numbers come through to you OK? Is this the only caller affected as far as you know? I suspect that this may be an issue with the settings in your relative's phone, the support team can look into this further for you, but bear in mind that they won't be back online until Monday. 

0 Likes