Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent issues of making and receiving calls

13 REPLIES 13
SaifulZ
Chatterbox

Over the last few days I am having issues receiving and making calls intermittently. When ringing the landline the call appear as if it was cut off before the phone rings (and phone showing 1 missed call) even though on the other side (e.g from mobile phone it sounds like the landline is ringing). Voice messages also went to Talktalk Voicemail even though we have an answering machine.

The issue is recent, I have tried another landline phone with similar issue. Calls missed are often important calls from family members.

Please help.

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @SaifulZ welcome to the community your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during the day 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi SaifulZ,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault. Could I just confirm, do you have a dial tone?

Thanks

SaifulZ
Chatterbox

Thanks for looking into this. The dial tone is missing the majority of the time but available now and again, no specific patterns. Broadband is not affected at all.

OCE_Debbie

Hi SaifulZ

Thanks for your reply.

Have you tested with a different phone?

Would it be possible to connect just the phone at the test socket so we can run another line test in this set up?

Thanks

Debbie

SaifulZ
Chatterbox
Hi, i have now connected the phone to the master/test socket again. I tried this a few days ago for 24 hours and the issue appear to persist while phone is on the test socket.
I have tried with another phone and results are similar with issues making and receiving calls.
OCE_Debbie

Hi SaifulZ

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then raise this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

SaifulZ
Chatterbox
PM sent
OCE_Debbie

Hi SaifulZ

Thanks for the Private Message.

Yes you can now connect your phone and router back to your usual set up, thanks for testing this.

I have raised this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer. Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow and we can check for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi SaifulZ

I have checked for an update on this fault and this is still with Openreach and under investigation, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

SaifulZ
Chatterbox

Ok thanks, I checked at 8pm again and I am still having the same issues.

OCE_Debbie

Hi SaifulZ

I have spoken to Openreach this morning and they have advised that this fault is part of a Cable Breakdown in the area and the estimated completion date for this fault to be resolved is 23.03.2020. Apologies for the delay.

Thanks

Debbie

SaifulZ
Chatterbox

The issue seems to be resolved now...thanks for your help