cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Intermittent one way transmission

18 REPLIES
Highlighted
pluto9
First Timer

Sometimes when I receive an incoming call, I can't hear the person at the other end of a call, but they can hear me perfectly. If we clear the call down & re-establish it the connection, it is fine.

KeithFrench
Community Star

I will pass this now for you to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will investigate it for you.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi pluto9

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Have you tested with a different phone?

Thanks

Debbie

pluto9
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Debbie

Thanks for that. Yes, I have tried another phone, but I don't think it is my line itself, more a faulty route that the call takes. It only happens when my daughter calls me, or I call her. It does not happen often, about once every couple of weeks.

One of us will hear a "dalek" type noise on the connection, which makes it difficult to hear the other person over the top of this noise.

Not that there is any connection in this, but we are both TalkTalk customers & both served off the same exchange. 

Community Team

Hi pluto9

Thanks for your reply.

Does your daughter not experience this fault on any other calls, only on calls to yourself?

Would it be possible to make a note of 3 example dates and times of when this fault has occurred, I can then pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

pluto9
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Debbie

Thanks. No, it only happens between the two of us as far as we are aware, but as calling each other forms the majority of our calls, this could happen on other local calls, although neither of us has noticed it with any one else.

So far the only one I can give you is

Sunday 30/07/2017 at 22:00

If you would be so kind as to enable PMs on my account, I will send you my daughter's phone number.

Community Team

Hi pluto9

Thanks for your reply. You should now be able to send me a Private Message.

Debbie

pluto9
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Debbie

There has now been three calls, which I have included the details in a PM to you now.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi pluto9

Thanks for your reply.

I've raised this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Please post back on this thread in 24hrs and we can check for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

pluto9
First Timer
Community Team

Hi pluto9

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

pluto9
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Debbie

Just had another call like this between the usual two numbers. It occurred on:-

13/09/2017  19:04 approx

Thanks

Pluto9

Community Team

Hi Pluto9,

I can see that our network team are currently investigating, has anyone contacted you yet? 

Chris

pluto9
First Timer

Hi Chris,

No, but please can you ask them to contact my Son-in-Law about this, as he understands this much more than I do?

I'll PM you his details in a second.

Pluto9

Community Team

Hi pluto9

Our Network Team have asked if you can retest and let us know if this fault is still present?

Thanks

Debbie

pluto9
First Timer

Hi @OCE_Debbie

Have they actually found anything, because I did add another problem call only two days ago on the 14th?

Community Team

Hi pluto9

I think they made some changes or completed work. Please let us know if you do experience this fault again.

Thanks

Debbie

pluto9
First Timer
Community Team