Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calls dropping after 20 seconds

KevinJ1
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

We have been trying to call the call centres of various organisations in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.

What happens is that the call connects and the normal recorded message "Welcom to xxxx ..." starts but after roughly 20 seconds the line just goes silent thats is ti say the call drops.

The types of organisations I am talking about are Malaysian Airlines, CIMB Bank and a Government Department.

I have confirmed that in general international calls are working by calling the speaking clock in the USA.

We have tried from two different handsets.

We were able to succesfully call using a mobile phone.

Has anyone experienced anything similar ? or have suggestio#ns as to how to resolve it. I spoke to TalkTalk support who seemed to think the problem was at the Malaysian end, but i'm not convinced.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi KevinJ1

Thanks for your reply. I'm so glad to hear that this is now working.

This shouldn't be related to a billing issue as the call connects but drops.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

KevinJ1
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie

I thought id try it again this morning and after several days of not working it is now working. 

Not sure why, could it be that today is the start of our new billing month.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi KevinJ1

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details. I can then ask our Network Team to take a look at this.

Debbie

0 Likes

KevinJ1
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi Debbie

Thanks for replying.

We have not tried to call these particular numbers before. However since we are getting the same issue trying to call three different instutions (CIMB Bank, Malaysian Airlines and a Malaysian Government Department) it suggests there is an issue somewhere. We were able to succesfully call from a mobile on a different network. Clearly since we get a working connection for 20 seconds we have the correct numbers.

Any help or advice would be welcomed

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi KevinJ1

I'm sorry to hear this.

Have you been able to call this number from your landline previously?

Thanks

0 Likes