Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet but no phone

LEricG
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 25

Hi. My landline hasn't been working for several days now but the internet is OK. I've tried by-passing the ADSL (as well as trying a different ADSL)and I've also tried connecting straight into the test socket. I have also tried all of these things using a borrowed phone; the results are the same. The display on my handset tells me to "check phone connection".

It all started about 2 weeks ago when the village was flooded. The phone was off for a day or so, then it worked for a few days before going off again. I'm trying to make sure that the fault isn't with my equipment before calling anyone out to avoid having to pay a hefty fee.

Any help, please?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 21 of 25

@LEricG  Openreach have advised there is an ongoing issue in the area, Openreach are working on it, they do not have a timeframe for the fault to be cleared at this time. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Message 22 of 25
Thank you.

Openreach have been out in force in the village for a while.  There were some engineers working further down our street this morning; I thought the work they were doing may have caused a temporary glitch.

Many thanks for all your help.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 25
0 Likes

Message 24 of 25
Thank you for asking. Yes, it is working now. When it went off on Friday it was only off for a short while. It has been OK since.

Message 25 of 25
0 Likes