Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Issues With Landline

13 REPLIES 13
Popular Poster

Hi

Over the last 2 weeks I have been getting quite a lot of noise on my landline which has been getting progressively worse and today I have found that I am not able to receive incoming calls. I have been able to dial out but with a lot of noise but callers can't dial in. I have done a service status check on the website but it returns a error (see attached JPEG).

Could this be brought to the attention of a OCE please.

Many thanks

Capture.JPG

@OCE_Arne 

@OCE_Karl 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'm picking up a Loop fault on the line.  Loop faults can be caused by faulty handsets or internal wiring, so to rule this out and allow us to send an engineer, can you confirm if you have tested another handset.

Also, if you have a Test Socket please make sure you have tested at this point with the alternative handset.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks @OCE_Karl @ Karl. I will check this tomorrow and get back to you

Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi @OCE_Arne 

Yes my son came round with a wired handset today and tested it via the master socket's internal port but the noise, albeit not as loud, still persists. I have noted that the noise is at it worst during times of rain and windy conditions, as was the day when no incoming calls were registering on my line. My son also switched out the ADSL micro filter with no improvement.

The wiring into the property goes from the Openreach drop wire into a GPO 52A junction box then on to the BT master socket.

GPO Lozenge.jpg 

My son also went outside and followed the external cabling to the pole and found this situation below (see photographs)

Line 6.jpgLine 1.jpgLine 2.jpgLine 3.jpgLine  4.jpgLine 5.jpg 

Could this be the cause of my issues?

Marg47

Highlighted

Hi @Marg47

Thank you for testing. It may be the trees causing the issue. 

I have passed this to our network team for investigation. 

Let you know when they comeback. 

Highlighted

Hi @Marg47

We have requested an engineer to go out to the exchange in the next 48 hours. 

We can check the fault ticket on Friday for an update

Regards

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Thanks @OCE_Arne 

Highlighted
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Did you get a engineer update on the ticket @OCE_Arne?

Highlighted
Highlighted

Hi @Marg47

Our network have advised that Openreach need access times and dates to arrange an engineer home visit, can you read and understand the following Engineer charges help page you will need to agree to this to allow us to book this.

Then if you can send me via a personal message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Will do. Thanks @OCE_Arne
Highlighted
Popular Poster

2 dates and time slots given, 1was confirmed, both were no shows from OpenReach.