Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping virginmedia number

Lindakelly
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I have recently joined TalkTalk, my activation date is 17th of May.

I was looking out for, but couldn't see the option to keep my virginmedia number.

It's important I do this as I get no mobile signal at my house at all.

I've been allocated a new number.

I've just had an online chat with talktalk customer service who say it's impossible for them to port a number from a cable company.

I've seen contradictory information on the talktalk website.

Can anyone please confirm??

I thought it was a legal obligation for them to poet the number if the customer requested it?

Thank you

Kind regards 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @Lindakelly

Thanks for your post.

If you would like us to look into this, please can you update your community profile to include your order number, we will then be able to have a look. 

To do this go into 'my settings' then 'personal information' then add your details.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thank you for the reply.

So, just to clarify, I should just hold off, do nothing and wait?

What am I waiting for exactly? The cancellation to go through? Because one person told me that will take 24 hours, the other said by the 17th of May.

And the queue you mention, is that on here, the forum?

I appreciate your help by the way Gliwmaeden2, I hope it doesn't come across like I'm frustrated with yourself, it's the conflicting information from the chat agents that is frustrating me.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

It's getting complicated - best to wait for staff to catch up with your thread before posting further. 

It can take a few days to reach them sometimes. 

I'll re-escalate it to make sure that it is in the queue for attention,  @Lindakelly.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 6

Thank you for the reply.

I have now cancelled my order in order to re-order straight away while making sure I can port my number.

I was told at the point of cancelling to wait 24 hours and then i can re-order.

It has now been more than 24 hours but it still says "There is already an order in progress for this address".

I just went on Live chat to check the status and they said it won't be cancelled until the original activation date!! 

And also "Just to set your expectations, we won't be able to take the line over and keep your landline number from Virgin Media as they have separate line, and TalkTalk cannot take over from cable companies".

Why am I getting conflicting information?? Can TalkTalk take over Virginmedia numbers or not???

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

It should have been done at the point of sale,  so the time to phone up to check was then, @Lindakelly.

It's been possible to move numbers from Virgin to Openreach, and any Openreach to Openreach provider anyway, for many years, but NOT retrospectively. 

https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/ask-our-expert/can-i-keep-my-phone-number-if-i-change-broadband-p...

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.