Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Land line fault + rubbish support.

10 REPLIES 10
Speed-Freak
Whizz Kid

So nearly 2 weeks ago realised my land line was not working, just a loud buzzing scream_with_fear_face

I also realised my upload speed was 50% lower at 10mb rather than the 20mb speed I had on every speed check over past few months.

Reported to TT tech support overseas call centre, they run line tests and confirmed fault with line, allow Openreach 3 days to rectify... I was promised a follow up call at 1000hrs on Monday 5th November to make sure everything was now ok... but no call.

I waited until Friday morning and was assured in on-line chat with customer services they were aware problem still existed and it had been escalated, they were very sorry the agent hadn't bothered to phone me as promised, they also confirmed the file records confirm I was meant to be phoned last Monday morning.

I was assured by a very appologetic agent that someone from the escalation team would call me within the next 24-48hrs giving me a full update.

I asked if the team were UK based and told they were not, but not to worry as they would definitely phone me.... and yet again no one phoned.

So still a faulty line and rubbish foreign based support, does anyone think this is good customer service?

Can anyone tell me how to speak with UK agent or do I only have this opportunity if I decide to leave TalkTalk?

Divsec
Community Star
Hi Speed Freak, you're in the right place now! Your post is flagged for assistance. Don't forget to check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary . You should have a response from the team tomorrow (office hours ).
Good luck
D
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Speed-Freak

I will look into this for you and get back to you. 

Regards

Speed-Freak
Whizz Kid

So here we are, it's now Wednesday, 16 days after reporting I had no land line and Upload speed was reduced by 50%... and nothing!

I was promised phone call follow up from TT customer overseas tech support team for 5th November @ 1000hrs... nothing.

When chased last Thursday 8th November I was advised they were aware problem still existed and it had been raised with the TT 'Escalation Team', they appologised for not phoning as arranged and promised the Escalation Team would phone me in 24/48 hours with full update.... nothing.

So I posted on here and so far..... nothing.

Really great customer service TalkTalk, is this the way to retain customers?

Sbowuk
First Timer

I have a big problem after moving house. My package at old house was Faster Fibre with TV and phone , 24 month contract June 2017. All worked fine, getting average 30 Mbps, fine for downloads ,streaming , family using mutliple devices and i need a decent conection for business as I work from home. Notified Talk Talk well in advance of move to avoid disruption, loss of time, etc. Old house service finished 3rd November 2018, we managed to get phone and broadband next day on 4th, however broadband incredibly slow between 0 and 0.4Mbps, worse than old fashioned dial up!! We were told our service would be up to speed within a week, ok. At this speed just loading web pages and accessing email is a problem, Talk Talk TV doesnt work, downloads impossible, what would take minutes/hours would take weeks to download. We had a Cube engineer sent by Talk Talk yesterday 13 November but he only looks for internal problems with our property, he found none, intermittent fault on line, broadband swithces itself off at random, requires manual switch off/on of router to reconnect.I was under the impression we would get connected to faster fibre again but cube engineer not able to do this, only Open Reach can connect us.From my window there is a telegraph pole end of driveway  few metres away with cable and a fibre cable sign but its not connected to this property.

I am 16 months into a 24 month contract for faster fibre etc, without telling me my package details have been downgraded to fast broadband!! Its a joke, 0.2Mbps to o.4 Mbpsis ultra slow dial up and I am paying £35 per month, not acceptable. I have requested they send an Open Reach Engineer to connect us but foreign call centre does not seem to understand me. I have been asked by call centre staff do I want to upgrade my package to fast fibre? I explain I am already paying for it, original connetion fee was £50,I paid £25 for TV box, £27.99 for 12 months and now paying £35. Please arrange reconnection asap, I need it for my business and my family are going insane blaiming me for the internet problems.See pictures of telegraph pole, wish I could connect it myself!!Please help me get an Openreach engineer to connect us asap, anything is better than what we have now,many thanks!!DSCI0001.JPGDSCI0002.JPGDSCI0003.JPG   

ferguson
Community Star

@Sbowuk You should start your own topic rather than posting on someone else's to avoid confusion.

Speed-Freak
Whizz Kid

@ferguson wrote:

@Sbowuk You should start your own topic rather than posting on someone else's to avoid confusion.

@ ferguson.... Avoiding responding to issue of poor customer service from TalkTalk instead berating another frustrating TT customer who has been experiencing same BS from crap foreign call centers... as helpful as always.Quiet_face

OCE_Arne

Hi Speed-Freak

Line test has picked up a fault, so ill log this to our network team.

Our network team need access times and dates to arrange an engineer, can you read and understand the following Engineer charges help page you will need to agree to this to allow us to book this.

Then if you can send me via a Private message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks

Speed-Freak
Whizz Kid

@OCE_Arne wrote:

Hi Speed-Freak

Line test has picked up a fault, so ill log this to our network team.

Our network team need access times and dates to arrange an engineer, can you read and understand the following charges help page you will need to agree to this to allow us to book this.

Then if you can send me via a Private message on the community with the best available dates and times for you, Monday to Friday, either AM (8am tilll 1pm) or PM (1pm till 6pm) for the visit we will book this.

Thanks

Very confused by your message as unexpectedly a Openreach engineer arrived yesterday afternoon and confirmed fault in roadside cabinet which he fixed.

No communication from TT or Openreach prior to his visit, just lucky to be at home.

I must also point out he was the first engineer to be allocated job and no one else had attempted to rectify fault even although after a line test by TT foreign tech support it was passed to Openreach to deal with in next 72 hours ( or so they assured me)... and that was 17 days ago!

When was the line test you refer to done as everything appears to be working as it should now, landline, download speed, upload speed and ping all good.

OCE_Arne

The line test was from Yesterday, That engineer was not appointed by anything that I have done, it may have been picked up from your previous contact, which is strange as the fault ticket was only reopened when I picked up your post (they auto close after 5 days). 

Happy to read that your fault is fixed. 

Divsec
Community Star
Me too great news for @Speed-Freak.
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.