Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Land line not working for past month, completely dead

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi please could someone from talk talk contact about landline. It started off crackling and is now dead. No way of contacting a person at talk talk other than via this forum. Home number is XXXXX (REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS).It doesn't  ring when I try calling from mobile. Relatives have left messages and I can't  access. Thanks

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Jo Askew u may find this page of info helpful

I point u in the direction of this search article for identifying what sort of master socket they have:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-master-sockets/ta-p/2205432

the team will pick this up soon and do some checks

is ur broadband work as if it then can try chatting with talktalk support on the chat on the help side in the c19 daily update

i do not recommend doing it on a mobile signal due to the cost u could incur.

As ur answmerchine is on the tt network it will only work from u landline when working

u can get talktalk to set up a line divert when reporting the issue it can divert calls to ur mobile number instead.

if u family can not get u then u calling ur home will be the same as it is no different.

for now u could ask u family to call u on mobile 

as it might be a bt optic issue but they are doing visits but not inside houses.

it can be a few days to a week for staff to pick up ur topic please just wait for a oce to reply

Hope that help Regards Joe
If so then give me a Kudos ( Click the Thumb up Button)
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Jo Askew,

Apologies for the delay. Line test is picking up a potential issue so if you could confirm that you're still experiencing the problem I'll log it over to openreach for further investigation 

Chris