Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline. No dial tone

Shyguyuk52
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Well 9 days after switching to talktalk. Still no dial tone. Engineer just been out and has to report it back and send a openreach engineer out. Don’t know how long that is going to be. Not a good start for talktalk. The line was fine till I switched. Then low and behold ive had a email for my first bill. Like hell I’m paying for a service which I haven’t used. The fibre broadband isn’t much good either. Need to ring talktalk today. Will probably cancel altogether 

Ian
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

Our customer loyalty teams can be reached via 03451720046 or 03451725157 during business hours.  Please give them a try and let me know what they say.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 9

Hi Shyguyuk52

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can see that an engineer visit has been arranged for 25/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

@Shyguyuk52, if you want this followed up, please see @KeithFrench's advice. 

Not completing your community forum profile details will delay help reaching you for longer as staff need this information to identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 9

Hi @Shyguyuk52 

Please can I reiterate one paragraph from my previous post:-

"They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue."

So all of the posts you are making now are counterproductive, as it will only slow down an OCEs response & hence the certification of this problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 5 of 9

I went live on 12th. Landline was working fine till I switched to talktalk. Internet is on but very slow nothing on landline. Engineer been out had to re refer to open reach. Can’t send a engineer out till 25th. Not good been a vulnerable customer. The landline is only contact I have with outside world. They just don’t give a dam. Well they can fix the problem Tuesday. I’m still in the 20 day cooling off period so I will be cancelling. Then contacting ofcom about there lack of service. And the bill they have already sent can whistle. I ain’t paying for such shoddy service. If any chance I had self harmed or anything else due to mental health issues I could not have spoke to anyone. They just don’t care. Once I’ve spoke to ofcom I will also speak with the newspapers. No one with mental health issues should be left like this. I can’t even get out of my own house due to my mental health. 

Ian
0 Likes

Message 6 of 9
It’s well known TT phone customer service is shocking I kid you not (just read this forum) but the help from the TT staff who run this forum is 100% so if you can just hang in but I can well understand your frustration it’s not a good sign if you have just joined up and cannot even get any service
0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Talk talk customer services are rubbish. After numerous calls I’ve now been told another engineer can’t come out till 25th. That will be 2 weeks without a landline.bearing in mind the fault has been listed as a vulnerable customer due to mental health issues and my landline is my only contact with the outside world incase I self harm or anything. I’ve not left my house over 18 months. New customer and I’m treated like this. Once the fault is fixed what talktalk caused I will be cancelling the service and reporting talktalk to ofcom. This company is a complete joke 

Ian
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?