Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Not Receiving incoming Calls

MaxwellB
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

Since Thursday last week whenever anybody tries to call our landline they get an automated message saying "this number is not receiving incoming calls. Please try again later". I have tried dialling 17070 to confirm we have the right number allocated to our phone; we do. Our broadband is working fine, as is our television. I believe this is an NBR fault at the exchange, something to do with the exchange card. I have elderly relatives who rely on contacting me in an emergency (they're not online) so would appreciate an expedient fix.

Thanks.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

That's great news Max, thanks for letting me know

Chris

Message 2 of 14

Chris, I had a call on my mobile from one of the network team yesterday evening. He ran a couple of tests and did a what he called a "line reset". This fixed the issue. All-in-all it took about 15 minutes. Thanks for your help

Max

Message 3 of 14

Hi Max,

Apologies for the delay, I'll ask for an update and get back to you

Chris

Message 4 of 14

Hi Chris, is there any update from the network team regarding my issue?

Thanks,

Max

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

OK thanks. I'll pass it over to our network team for investigation. I'll let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Yes, my mother (Plusnet) and my mother-in-law (BT) have told us about it. Also we get the same when ringing from my mobile (iD, which I think is on the 3 mobile network) and my wife's mobile (O2 ).

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 14

Have you had the issue with a number of different callers on different network both landline and mobile?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Yes, as stated in my original post, I can make outgoing calls without any issues. I believe the problem is what's know as an exchange card problem?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Apaulo55,

Can you start your own topic/thread and we'll be happy to look into this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Apaulo55
First Timer
Message 10 of 14

I am having a similar problem with my home phone - I can make calls but when someone calls my landline it gives them an 'invalid number' or similar message.  This happens most of the time but sometimes the calls come through.  I have 'chatted' with a TalkTalk agent twice in the past week and they have not been able to resolve this.  I have carried out all of the tests, etc. as instructed (even to the point of plugging my home phone directly into the 'test socket', as instructed).  Nothing has fixed the problem so far.  What do I do next?  Do I need to start a new topic for someone to look into this?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi MaxwellB,

Thanks for updating your profile. Line tests are clear, are you able to make outgoing calls without any problems?

Chris

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi MaxwellB

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

You won't get a response here until Tuesday at the earliest I'm afraid, try Live chat

0 Likes