Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline Phone Line not working since yesterday

MrsSuneelDogra
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

My landline phone line has been down since yesterday evening. I called customer service at 11:45am today, and they said that they would test the line from their end, but nothing seemed to happen. I have also tried different phones, cables and phone sockets, but to no avail. Help would be greatly appreciated, thank you

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi MrsSuneelDogra,

I've booked the engineer for October 20 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

Staff will not be back on here before Monday, @MrsSuneelDogra.

Normally Talktalk and Openreach send a text to confirm etc.

It's likely that the appointment has not yet been made and staff will follow up on Monday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 9

Thank you. I have replied to your PMs and done as instructed, but I haven't heard as to whether an Openreach engineer visit had been booked or not.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi

I'll send you a PM to confirm some details to book an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

MrsSuneelDogra
First Timer
Message 5 of 9

Please arrange an Openreach engineer visit. Thank you

Message 6 of 9

Hi MrsSuneelDogra

Thanks for your reply.

If you have tested with different phones at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

MrsSuneelDogra
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for replying, Debbie. I have tested as you asked; I also opened up a secondary phone socket located in our lounge and tested a phone there, and that didn't work either. Please advise further. Thank you

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 9

Hi MrsSuneelDogra

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is not detecting any faults - Line test is clear.

Have you tested with the phone at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes