Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline fault

Ashkins
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My landline hasn't been working since November. It keeps displaying 'check line connection' on the handset. I have swapped handsets, and the same thing happens. I have really struggled to get in touch with a human being, and despite posting on the forum previously, nothing has been done to sort this fault. 

As a last resort, I cancelled my direct debit, in the hope that someone would contact me directly, and I could explain my issue, but until now, all I have had are automated emails asking me to reinstate my payment method. I am concerned that I am about to lose all of my services, and will have no way to reinstate them if no one ever gets back in touch with me!! 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Askins

All tests are clear so nothing stands out.

If you can confirm that another handset has been tested directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one, then we can proceed to book an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

@Ashkins, you never replied when the staff member responded to your thread back in November:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/No-outgoing-or-incoming-landline-calls/m-p/2668411

The only way forward is to pay your bills. 

You can reach human beings for help through Chat, or phone from a mobile:

03451 720046.

Opening hours and the link to Chat can be found here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

If it's busy, keep refreshing the page to catch it when it becomes available. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes