Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline incoming calls issue

Tink E R Bell
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 8

Someone has just rang, saying finally I've got through to you, rang a number of times this week.

Apparently they have just been receiving a 'Burr' sound instead of a ringing tone when calling me.

Rang at 17:57pm when my telephone was ringing, but rang a few minutes earlier and I had no ringing, they had this 'Burr'.

I was at home all day Friday awaiting a telephone call from the hospital, nothing received although telephone shows a missing call, which I did not hear ringing.

Can anyone provide any assistance, please?

Recently had an issue with interference on line, which TT corrected and also had an issue with changing router password, received another router which I have yet to change. 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Tink E R Bell

Thanks for your reply.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

It's all rather strange! Have received incoming calls OK today & one message, so seems to be working fine.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi

There is no blocking for this number, if there were, they would not have got through to voicemail. This is usually because your line gives a busy signal and the call is directed to voicemail at the exchange.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Tink E R Bell
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 8

Everything seemed back to normal, until....

Awaiting call back to landline from Apple Support, (20th Feb 2022), nothing received but did receive two emails that they rang but all they had got was voicemail, telephone never rang once. Checked and they rang correct number. They would like to check if there was any kind of 'blocking' on their number 0800 107 6285? Concerned incase issue with receiving incoming calls again, am expecting important calls this week.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Morning,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Tink E R Bell
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 8

Just to advise what ever issue that was affecting my incoming calls seems to have gone, seems to be working fine now.

Will keep an eye on it and report back if needed.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a few tests on the line now which are all clear. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes