Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline is dead

Charles Law
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

Hello.  Yesterday our landline quality was very poor, then it died altogether.

I logged on at 19.00 hrs to a chat-room for 75 minutes during which Jessette asked me lots of questions and we achieved nothing. 

We were supplied a new router earlier this year.  It was plugged into the socket and worked fine and it still does – it’s only the landline that’s broken.

Please send an engineer to advise and fix.  We need urgently this for work.

I can be reached on XXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS and we need this sorted out today if possible.

Many thanks, Charles Law

Charles Law
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi Charles,

Did you manage to test another handset so we can progress this for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 5

Hi Charles,

Tests are showing a loop fault at your end.  This is a bit like a short circuit where wires are touching.

Can you confirm if you have tested another phone handset directly at the master socket or 'Test Socket' if you have one, with nothing else connected, and the issue persists.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

@Charles Law, I have removed your mobile phone number from public display. 

Forum help is online only, and all relevant details in your profile area are simply for staff to identify your account. 

Please look out for their reply. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

@Charles Law , you will not get a callback from forum staff, all replies will be here or PM if they need more information.

0 Likes