Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not receiving calls from hospitals

Bron
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I was in hospital yesterday waiting to be discharged after day surgery. The hospital tried a few times to ring my husband at home on the landline - could not get through. I saw that they were ringing the correct number. In the end I had had to call him from my mobile - that worked ok. The same problem arose last year when my husband was waiting for a hospital telephone consultation call from another hospital - again the doctor apparently couldn’t get through.

Today, the hospital are calling me check on my progress - it is quite likely  they won’t get through. Is there a problem with hospital numbers in Cheshire calling Talktalk landlines?

Regards

Bron

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Bron,

Are you only experiencing problems receiving calls from the NHS?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Plus it has happened again this week. The NHS on call doctor tried to call us on Sunday - she said our phone sounded dead! 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

Call safe is off also anon call reject.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 7

Hi Bron,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, are you using CallSafe or Anonymous Call Reject?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

It's also worth checking if Anonymous Caller Reject is active on your account, it's under the Home Phone Boosts.

A lot of public services automatically withhold their numbers so the call will not connect.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Do you have Call Safe activated?

Or may have accidentally barred the number in the past, if you have "last caller barring"?

Just a possibility that some sort of pre-existing selection is blocking it. 

For staff to look into this for you, please complete your community forum profile details by adding your Talktalk landline phone number so that they can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.