Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Landline not ringing/Unknown caller id/Can't disable call safe

21 REPLIES 21
pbfisher30
Popular Poster

I have a problem which was first reported to the talktalk phone support team on 11Dec . To date the problem has still not been fixed. Callsafe is enabled and cannot be disabled even though I have tried to switch it off on many occasions. The engineers have also tried to disable callsafe but it still shows as active on my account. The phone is ringing silently for incoming calls and the caller id is showing as withheld. My assumption is the callsafe is not identifying the caller so the call rings silently as though calls are being screened out. Outgoing calls are fine and no issue with broadband. Please help. A promised five day resolution has not materialised.

Many thanks,

pbfisher30      

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi pbfisher30

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, thank you for your response. I have updated the profile now with my details.

Look forward to hearing.

Regards

pbfisher30

OCE_Chris

Hi pbfisher30,

Thanks for updating your profile. What happens if you call your landline from your mobile, what do you hear on the mobile?

Chris

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

Hi Chris, it just rings silently. If the answer machine is on you can leave a msg but silent ring.

Thanks,

pbfisher30

OCE_Arne

Hi @pbfisher30

Can you try again to test in a few hours,  We have re-enabled and then disabled callsafe in the past few minutes it can take upto 2 hours complete. 

Let us know how it goes.

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

Hi Arne,

tested today. phone is still ringing silently so this hasn't fixed the issue.

thanks,

pbfisher30

OCE_Arne

Hi @pbfisher30

I have passed this to our network team to solve.  

Sorry its still ongoing.

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

I cannot make outgoing calls today. incoming calls now fwd to a recorded message that states the line is unable to receive calls at present.

pls assist urgently

OCE_Arne
OCE_Arne

Hi @pbfisher30

A fault is now being detected on the line.  

I can put a divert to your mobile for over the weekend as Openreach dont work weekends

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

hi Arne, thank you for the quick response. the line seems to be working again just now.

Regards,

OCE_Arne

Ok we are still working on the callsafe issue, which may have caused the temporary issue

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

Hi this problem still has not been resolved. Initially reported to Talktalk two months ago.

We have narrowed it down to withheld numbers being blocked even though this feature is not enabled. 

Please assist. 

thank you.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @pbfisher30, as it's been a while since there was activity on it and it may have dropped out of the workflow. 

Look for a reply in the next couple of days or so. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
OCE_Arne

Hi @pbfisher30

I will check for an update on this, but a look on our server shows that callsafe is not on the line, indicating it has been resolved. 

Do you know if a caller with a withheld number hears a recorded message? 

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

Hi Arne,

callsafe has been disabled so there is no recorded message. However withheld numbers only ring silently so there is still an issue.

Thank you

OCE_Arne

Hi @pbfisher30

Ok that is a different issue, can you attach the phone to the test socket (behind the faceplate) and retest, or if possible try a different handset. 

Let me know how that goes. 

pbfisher30
Popular Poster

Varying results. A different DECT handset gives the same problem but a regular bog standard, phone does ring. can you confirm this is not a software issue at your end before we have to dismantle the socket?

OCE_Arne

I'm quiet sure that its isn't anything related to any call features , My only guess is it could be down to low voltage on the line.