Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ringing intermittently

Boardy
Conversation Starter
Message 21 of 21

Hi,

We have an occasional fault with our landline where it will not ring on incoming calls. We have two phones attached to the line and neither will ring but the call will show up on the screen. We have missed a few important calls because of this. We are able to ring out fine and it will work fine most of the time on incoming calls, there have a been a few occasions of not being able to hear people and some internet dropouts but otherwise there are no other obvious symptoms.

Thanks

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Hi,

Ok, would it be possible to keep the alternative handset connected and the original handset unplugged for a few days to see if the same voice issue happens with just this alternative phone connected please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Boardy
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 21

Its a completely different corded handset although they are both a few years old so can't guarantee it also doesn't have a fault! Its plugged into the filter with the router connected so I will disconnect those and connect the phone directly. I'm off to work now so won't be able to reply until later. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Hi,

Great thank you. The loop fault is back again, can I just confirm, is this a completely different handset or part of a cordless set?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

Done, thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi,

Great thanks 🙂 If you can confirm when this is done then I'll retest this again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Boardy
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 21

Thanks, i'll plug the other handset in now.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

Morning,

Ok, it sounds like it could be the handset that is causing the loop fault. Do you have a different phone that you can test with please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Boardy
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 21

yes it is.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Test passed, just to confirm, do you just have the micro-filter connected at the moment?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

OK thanks, I'll run the test again now

Chris

0 Likes

Boardy
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 21

I'll do that now. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

Showing loop fault again. Could you remove the phone and just leave the filter connected and I'll run the test again

Chris

0 Likes

Boardy
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 21

Just phone and filter plugger in now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Hi,

Thank you. I've re-run the line test now and it is now clear. Would it be possible to only re-connect the microfilter and phone just so we can re-check to see if the line test is still clear and to see what may be causing the loop fault?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Ok, I have disconnected everything. I have just realised the extension cable to the other phone was still partially connected to the master socket (installed but the last engineer) I thought it came off with he front plate like on  the last box we had!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to remove the microfilter, router and phone from the line for 20 minutes so we can run the line test again with nothing connected?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

There is a corded telephone and the router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 21

Hi,

Thank you. I've re-run the line test now which is still detecting the loop fault. Just to confirm, what equipment do you currently have connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Boardy
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 21

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yes its a master socket 5c, I have removed the front and plugged into the test socket.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a few tests on the line now, one has detected a potential loop fault. Does your main socket have a test socket please?

Thanks

0 Likes