Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Landline not working for over a week

2 REPLIES 2
FrancesCallaghan
First Timer

Our landline has not been working for over a week.  An engineer was supposed to come between 8 am and 1 pm last Thursday or Friday and they didn't arrive.  Another hour or so taken up with trying to find out why and when they would come.  An engineer came on Monday but as he didn't have sufficient training he was unable to check under the manhole covers and said someone else would have to come.  He said he would tell his manager.  Another wasted half hour or so trying to find out when they would come and up came 11 October!!! My partner (the account holder) was out of the country for two nights and he asked for someone to contact myself but nobody contacted anybody and an Open Reach engineer was sitting close to my house when I arrived back at home two days ago.  He said he couldn't get to under the manhole cover he needed to get to because it was under my neighbour's car in his driveway.  I pointed out that my neighbour's decorator was in there and did he knock.  He said he did knock but nobody answered.  He said he couldn't wait any longer and had already told his manager he was leaving for another job.  My neighbour told me he had been in the whole time and had seen the engineer working at another manhole and at no stage did he knock/ring the bell (which he subsequently confirmed was working).  I asked that engineer if he could give me a contact number so we could make sure we would be in if they ever came again but he said he couldn't.  Neither would TalkTalk give us a number.   I've now been told by my partner who will be travelling back home today that next Monday will be when an Open Reach engineer will return.  In the meantime, I have a mobile phone and two very sick brothers in Scotland - one of whom relies on me to call him to remind him of various things (he has dementia and lives on his own) and another brother who has a terminal lung disease.  The mobile reception is very bad in this area so it's not great.  Neither is it great when you are in the middle of a conversation with a family member discussing the issues with the brother when TalkTalk interrupts the call, cuts you off and then asks for £10 because you have gone over your limit.  I have never ever gone over the limit and it's because for the past week I've been using the mobile phone.  When I told TalkTalk about the need for the landline, Jonas (Fault Manager) said that 'it's not the landline of the sick people'!!! Can you believe it?   So when will someone come and fix that landline?  I can't wait until next Monday....

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi FrancesCallaghan.

Sorry that you have problems. 

Unfortunately we are at the mercy of Openreach's engineer scheduling calendar, the appointment date will have been the earliest available.

I'm sorry that the fault will be ongoing until Monday.