Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Landline not working, internet okay

8 REPLIES 8
Rockape1
Visitor

Landline has no ringtone, if I call in from my mobile I get 2 short beeps and cuts off. I disconnected the house phones from land line and have the same issue. Not able to get in touch with talktalk through web chat.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star

Chat opened at 9am, @Rockape1.

It shows a blue background banner on the link on this page when it's available:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

That will be quicker, as there's a queuing system on the forum and it can sometimes take a day or two to get a reply. 

If you need staff to follow up on here, add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details so that they can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
Rockape1
Visitor

Thanks for letting me know, have been trying the online chat since 9am, but does not seem to have a queuing system, as just says:

'We’re sorry, we cannot respond to your chat at the moment. This could be because our support team are all serving other customers right now'.

I will have to keep trying but so frustrating!!

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hello,

Do you have an engaged tone? Our Network Engineers are currently investigating this now and we will update our Service Status Page as soon as we know more.

Thanks

Rockape1
Visitor

Yes an engaged tone if I try to dial out on the land line

OCE_Michelle

Thanks for confirming. This is currently being investigated and I will post back here as soon as I receive an update and will keep you updated on the status of this.

Thanks

OCE_Michelle

Hi,

This has now been resolved. Please let us know if you are experiencing any further issues.

Thanks

Rockape1
Visitor

Thank you all working now

OCE_Michelle

Morning,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks