Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working like Craig's

PeteDW1
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I've reported the fault through the automated phone system, and been told there's not a fault. There is!  There is no ring tone, I can't make or receive any calls. I've tried the phone in another phone socket in the house ( I have 2 different lines for 2 separate numbers) and it works fine.  When I call TalkTalk back it asks me if I am phoning about the same fault. When I say 'yes', it tells me they are closed and to go on to talktalk.help/update, which I've done and is no help whatsoever! TalkTalk, this is not acceptable. Please get back to me asap. 

My internet is working.

This is a residential line,  but I use it for work, so it is essential this issue is sorted. 

Thank you.

Pete

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 7

@PeteDW1  click on your avatar at the top RHS of the page and then MY SETTINGS > LAUNCH PROFILE WIZARD 

0 Likes

PeteDW1
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

Sorry, bit dim here, how do I do add my phone number?

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 7

@PeteDW1  please add your landline number to your community profile, that is how staff identify you.

It is only visible to staff, do not post it here in public.

0 Likes

PeteDW1
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

Thanks. I just noticed someone called Craig had sent a message on this forum with a similar problem. 

There is no dial tone, just quiet static. When I ring in, it gives the engaged/line busy sound/message.

Yes, internet is working fine.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 7

@PeteDW1 put your phone number in your community profile and wait for a response from a staff member early next week.

Do you actually mean no DIAL TONE and is the internet working normally ?

What message do you get when you try to call the number ?

If you are using the line for business you might be better off getting an appropriate contract with a better SLA.

PS. Who is Craig and what has he got to do with the issue ?

0 Likes