Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Landline not working

19 REPLIES 19
TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

How do i report a fault on my landline? (My landline isn't working  - can't make calls out or receive calls) though wifi/internet is fine. i have tried another phone and it also doesn't work, therefore not the handset. Do i need to ring? if so what's the number and how long will i be in the queue? will i be charged for the call from a mobile?

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

I have updated my details

PMOsb
Whizz Kid

This happened to me last Friday.  It is a software fault with TT upgrading a load of back office systems.  1000's of us had the funny ringing tone (2 weeks ago), and another lot had the landline dead, but broadband working fault.  It is not just you.

Good luck reporting it!    There is no online reporting form.  The chat took me 2 hours and that was a waste of chat about security and testing.  They should have said at the begining " oh yes, that is a known fault with 2500 other TT customers... I'll log it for a fix".   But they didn't.   Very poor.

TT Router Apple iMac OSX ADSL2+
OCE_Debbie

Hi

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults - Line test is clear.

Can I just check, when you tested with a different phone directly at the test socket, was the router also removed from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

Re your question. I tried the second phone in the main socket (ie with the WIFI splitter removed ) and i tried it into the WIFI splitter where my normal phone normally plugs in. Neither worked. No ring tone. Can't make calls in or out.

OCE_Debbie

Hi

Thanks for confirming this.

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi

Just checked and it appears that your email address that you used to register on the Community has not been verified.

We will have sent you an email when you joined the Community to verify your email address, please can you do this and I can then send you a Private Message.

Thanks

Debbie

TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

I have now confirmed the email address 

OCE_Debbie

Hi

Thank you. Just sending you a Private Message now.

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi

Thanks for confirming your details.

When would you be available for an engineer visit AM and PM?

TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

We are available for an engineer visit any time AM or PM from 11 May onwards.

OCE_Debbie

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for 11/05 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

Thanks Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi

No problem.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

OCE_Debbie

Hi

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

Hi Debbie. All is well on the landline front. the engineer located a problem in the green box up the street. Can you advise if we will be charged for this?

Also, i have an enquiry ongoing re my email. OCE_Ady is supposed to be sorting out a password reset on my tiscali email account. If you're in contact with him can you give him a nudge.

OCE_Karl

Hi

If a fault is located within the Openreach Network, you would not be charged for this.

@OCE_Ady has finished for the day, but I'll mention the email issue to him.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

TTM0R0NS
Repeat Guest

Thanks Karl

OCE_Debbie

Hi

I'm glad to hear that the landline fault has been resolved.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂