Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 36 of 36

No dial tone on landline, can't receive or make calls.  Have checked and no problem with our setup.  Very worried as this is the only way to contact my elderly parents.  

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

Message 1 of 36

I'm sorry about  that, would you like us to rearrange the engineer visit?

Chris

0 Likes

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 2 of 36

Text says they can't fulfil the appointment at the scheduled time.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 36

Hi LosBoliches1875

I'm sorry about this, did they say why they have cancelled?

Chris

0 Likes

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 4 of 36

They cancelled.  Not going to waste another day off waiting around.  Poor service, as expected.  

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Hi LosBolishes1975,

Please let us know how the engineer visit goes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 36

Ah, OK, that's not something you have mentioned previously in this thread. I hope you get things sorted to your satisfaction. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

To check our setup I assume and report back as to why coverage and speed is poor 

0 Likes

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 8 of 36

Thank you Gondola. You have been very helpful. 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 36

An engineer to help with what, exactly?

0 Likes

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 10 of 36

I don't know who I spoke to. Every time is someone different.   I have now received a message that an engineer is coming round to help on Wednesday - a reply to my email.  

0 Likes

Message 11 of 36

'LosBoliches1975' wrote: ...Fibre 65 is my old contract. My new contract since March is Future Fibre 150

Ah, that explains clearly why you were sent an eero 6. 

The eero 6 is an entitlement for the Fibre 150 FTTP package.  As I mentioned, additional eeros are available to purchase assuming your contract does not include the Total Home Wi-Fi pack.

Purchase additional eeros.png

However, the primary reason I posted was because the Gigabit network switches are not available from TalkTalk but are readily available at a low price direct from Amazon.co.uk.

The update for MyAccount is taking a while to appear for existing customers upgrading, it seems.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 36

Well get back to whoever "they" were? As far as I know eero extenders are available from TalkTalk at added cost.

Alternatively, you have the two options previously suggested. TalkTalk do not provide ethernet switches, but they are cheaply available from a range of suppliers. All of this has already been advised. 

0 Likes

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 13 of 36

Fibre 65 is my old contract. My new contract since March is Future Fibre 150 I keep messaging and calling and no one seems to know why my contract isn't showing my new upgrade. That is why I have an eero. Also when I upgraded to future fibre I told them that 1 eero would not be enough and I would need an extender. They said to try it first and then if poor coverage they would send me an eero extender. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

Hi LosBoliches1975 

Fibre 65 FTTP with VOIP is normally offered with a Wi-Fi Hub 2 not the eero router.

But as you have been sent an eero 6 router and now have a Grandstream Digital Voice Adaptor to connect to the VOIP service I guess you have a choice to make.

• An additional eero 6 can be purchased as can a network switch e.g Gigabit 5-Port Network Switch is currently discounted at Amazon.co.uk to £8.40 with an additional 10% off at checkout.  TalkTalk do not provide or sell these network switches
  • Or accept the offer of a Wi-Fi Hub 2 and return the eero 6 and Grandstream DVA

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 15 of 36

Please can you send me an eero extender and an Ethernet switch.  This would give us fast wifi, good coverage and more ports.  Thank you.  

0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

Hi LosBoliches1975,

We can arrange to send out a wifi hub 2, we would also send a returns bag for the eero and digital voice adapter. Alternatively, as ferguson has suggested, you could use the eero and digital voice adapater with a switch

Chris

Message 17 of 36

Thank you.  At this rate we might go back to Virgin.  

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 18 of 36

Full Fibre is ridiculously complex at the moment in the sense that you need far more units to connect than hitherto. You could source an Ethernet switch to expand the number of ports on your eero, but that will require yet another power socket. Alternatively,  you could ask TalkTalk to supply a Hub 2 which has a built in VOIP connector. 

0 Likes

LosBoliches1975
Team Player
Message 19 of 36

Received the digital voice adapter today BUT the eero only has 2 ports which are already in use so had to disconnect the eero and use the TalkTalk Hub router.  So we are actually now worse off aren't we?  Because we have now lost our copper landline connection forever so if no internet to landline and we have had to get rid of the eero because it only has 2 ports. Also, "my account" shows that I have Fribre 65.  So what is it that we actually have and how much are we paying?  Please updated "my account".  All we wanted was fast and reliable internet all over the house and now we have gone three steps back.  Nightmare.  

0 Likes

Message 20 of 36

Thanks for checking. I've requested that a digital voice adapter be sent out to you, it should be with you within a couple of days. Apologies for any inconvenience 

Chris

0 Likes