Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Landline number has changed unexpectedly

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
First Timer

Hello,

Similar to other posts on this forum (for example https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-number-changed-without-notice/td-p/2500700), we have found that our home landline number has changed without us knowing. We have received no incoming calls on our expected TT number for more than a week, and when we use the landline to make an outgoing call to a mobile, a different, unexpected incoming number is displayed. As other people here have found, some wrong or cross-connection must have happened.

I would be very grateful if someone could look into this or advise what we should do. I have added the "wrong" number to the Private notes section of my community profile page.

Many thanks

S & R

Ruth Vargo
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi simonp_88,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service 

Thanks for completing your Community Profile but could you also please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number (the one it should be)

If you call 17070 from your landline is the number read back to you the incorrect number you've entered in the private notes field of your Community Profile?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Chris,

Yes if I phone 17070, the number read back to me is the wrong one. The voice says "welcome to Sky" at the start.

As requested I've added to the profile what we expect our TalkTalk landline number to be (also in the Private notes section).

Simon

Ruth Vargo
Highlighted

OK thanks for that. We'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted

Thanks for answering the security questions. Line test is picking up a potential fault so I've raised this as a non-appointed task. This means that Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours, they may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris