Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline out now for 10 days, fault reported 4th July

Hockney
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I need URGENTLY to speak with a responsible person regarding this fault. Reported as above, along with no internet service that same date. The latter has now been fixed, so I have been able to check emails to find one of several days ago from TT saying an engineer needed to call, and allowing 24hrs to call (which I cannot do!) and neither was I able to see that message until early hours of this morning. Second email, 10/7, stated service issue resolved. That is NOT the case. Internet only just restored, but VITAL landline still out, and therefore unusable. I have been online and tried many, many times to get live chat, which site says should be available for urgent issues, despite message re delays. I am old - an OAP - live alone , am extremely clinically vulnerable, disabled. and have no recourse to any other phone as my pay as you go mobile has also not had any signal since that Sunday night. I live in a mobile blackspot. Please help!!!!!!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Hockney

Openreach are now asking for us to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Hockney

Openreach have advised that the engineer is scheduled to go out on 15 Jul-21 to investigate this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Hockney

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test is still detecting a potential line fault so I have escalated this back over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will continue to monitor for updates on this fault and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

It takes a while to process new threads in the queue for attention from staff, @Hockney.

It's worth persevering with Chat meanwhile as they may be able to help you sooner.

Please also check out the accessibility register, as this can help flag up essential repairs more quickly. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Registering-your-accessibility-requirements/ta-p/258302...

Please look out for a reply from TT staff. They respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.