Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline rings once then stops

Colin956
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Incoming calls only ring once then drop, I can't answer the phone unless I am literally holding it when it it starts to ring.

Caller hears the phone ringing as normal but it just keeps ringing

I have plugging it into the test socket with and without a Filter (which in Brand New) nothing else connected and the issue persists.

Have also redone terminations externally at the original BT Junction box on the house. There is also a join internally that I have also redone. Broadband is fine (albeit a tad slower than normal)

Have also tried 2 different phones to eliminate a phone issue. 

Anything else I can try or do I need an engineer?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Colin,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test has detected a possible fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. If you don't hear anymore over the next 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details, @Colin956, for staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Profile Wizard. 

It could take a couple of days for staff to reply. 

Chat and phone open at 9am. 

03451 720046

Scroll down on this page for the link to Chat and full details of opening hours:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.