Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Landline stopped working altogether

3 REPLIES 3
shoves55
First Timer

My 90 year old mother is in ill health, isolated on her own, very confused and upset about everything, and I am 60 miles away. Her phone is her lifeline, especially at the moment. It had suddenly stopped being able to receive incoming calls, although she could still make outgoing calls. On Thursday 26th March, I spent ages on the phone to Talk Talk, when it was eventually agreed that there was a fault on the line, and that an engineer would be there that afternoon to sort it out. He did not turn up, and when I tried to contact the helpline that evening it had closed down. I understand that an engineer turned up on Friday, "doing something outside of the fence of the property" after which the line now cannot allow outgoing calls. Fortunately, my mother's mobile is working, although she is on PAYG and calls out are very expensive. She obviously needs the phone line sorted as soon as possible, but I am unable to phone the helpline because it is closed. Can anyone help me please?  

Simon Shovelton
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @shoves55 

So that TalkTalk can investigate for your mother please do a quick check that your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here) your name, current landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended) and address with postcode (location).

Then scroll down to Private notes to add your mother's TalkTalk landline number, mobile number, her name and address with any relevant other notes and finally save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team OCE will then locate her registered TalkTalk details and look at what's happening to resolve the fault as quickly as possible.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2021

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

shoves55
First Timer

Hello there,

I have just completed the profile details as required, with my own details and my mother's details in the notes section as requested.

I would be grateful if something could be sorted out as soon as possible please.

Many thanks.

Simon Shovelton
OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi shoves55,

I'm sorry it looks as though this is going to need another engineer visit. I've sent you a PM to confirm some details 

Thanks 

Chris