Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline voicemail

Rick47
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

My contract renewed a couple of weeks ago since when my phone rings 12 times before the voicemail cuts in.

It used to ring 6 times and now callers give up before it answers.

6 was Ok, 7 would be ideal, but 12 is much too long.

Advice please.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hello,

Apologies, unfortunately it is not possible to change the number of rings before voicemail is activated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi Rick47 

Your phone will ring for around 32 seconds which is about 12 rings before the caller is sent to voicemail. This timing is set and can't be changed.

I understand this delay did change when TalkTalk's voice service vendor was changed to Metaswitch so perhaps this is something that can be fed back as a user experience to the TalkTalk stakeholder. I'm sure you'll receive a response from TalkTalk Support here from Monday onwards.

Using Voicemail

PS I've just recalled that TalkTalk used to get complaints from users that the delay was previously too short and the call too often went to voicemail before they picked up. So, it's obviously a fine balance between too short and too long a delay. Nice if there was a user option to set but at present TalkTalk don't have that available to customers.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

Nothing you can do about it, there are no options about the number of rings before voicemail answers.