Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Caller Barring not working

JN321
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

The 14258 service is not working, is anyone else having the same issue and is there a way of fixing the problem.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 8

Hi,

Thanks for the update and I will feed this back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8
Glad you got it sorted. As you say why fix something that wasn’t broken. I’m still experiencing the weird ring tone on my land line. Hopefully they will sort it soon but I’m not holding my breath.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Thank you @Gliwmaeden2, I persevered with the new process and I agree it is working fine.  I had previously queried the topic in a chat with customer services a week ago and they promised to look into it and get back to me.  My only comment is why change what from the customers viewpoint was an easy to use procedure and now introduce additional steps.

Message 4 of 8
Thank you

Message 5 of 8

Yes, it's bewildering,  @Gladys gloucester.

The old version of Last Caller Barring was much more straightforward to use.

I don't think that the instructions for it have been updated on the forum search engine either....

I'll try to alert staff about it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gladys gloucester
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 8

I noticed yesterday when I tried to bar a scam number it was not the old option. Don’t like the new call bar service a ladies voice with a multitude of instructions. I tried looking on the TalkTalk website to see if there was any mention of the change but none. I was told I had too many numbers listed to add another and had to go through the rigmarole of deleting some of the old numbers to add the new one. I did eventually manage to use it. Also my ring tone has changed very difficult to tell that the land line is ringing now. What have you done TalkTalk. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

I have just checked it and it's working fine for me, though it's now the woman's voice, slightly different wording (call "rejection" rather than "barring".....why did they do that as it makes us think we have the wrong service?) and a different batch of procedures. 

But it is all still effectively there, @JN321.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes