Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Caller Display etc

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hi. The caller display has disappeared from my home phone since switching to fibre trial.

It looks as though a lot of people have this issue. Is it something Talktalk can't fix? I was assured yesterday, on chat, that it would be sorted 'within a few hours', but it is still unavailable today. On My Account there are no boosts, or any other services listed at all for me to select. When can we assume the problem will be fixed? This is very inconvenient in these days of numerous scam calls, which you also seem to be able to do nothing about, and could impact my choices of continuing with the trial in the future as we may drop the home phone completely if it becomes much more annoying.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 19

Hi. The only day I can, sometimes, get home from work early enough to phone them, is Friday. I will try them again tomorrow if I do, but I am seriously considering my options and, if I get a day off with some time to sort it, I may change provider as it is becoming so annoying.

regards

Ian

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Ian,

I'm sorry about this but could you try calling them again, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 19

Hi,

Yes it is.

Ian

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear that. Can I just confirm is this the number on the trials confirmation email?

Thanks

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 19

Hi Chris,

I spoke with them on Friday 11th feb, when I was on the phone for 1hr 3 minutes. They said I should then wait a few days and the problem would be solved. I am still waiting.

Ian

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hi Ian,

Could I just ask, when did you last speak to the trials team?

Chris

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 19

Hi Debbie.

No, they have not. They have never followed up after any of the promises they have failed to meet.

I am loath to spend another hour on the phone, to no avail.

Ian

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi iansand

I'm so sorry to hear this.

Did the trials team get back in contact with you?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 19

This situation has not improved since it was reported back in early January. The response from telephone advisors and tech help staff has been lies and misleading information. Promises of it being fixed within hours of me finishing the call, or within three days on two occasions. I wait, and wait, and nothing happens. Absolutely disgusting service. I was on hold for 95% of a recent call, and the total call was one hour and three minutes. Why have me on hold if you are doing nothing? Ridiculous and frustrating. I now have no confidence that any one knows what they are doing, or how to fix the issues, and therefore will start to look for a new service that actually provides the services they advertise. I have other, more serious issues to deal with at the moment, but this is just enough to really annoy me and cause further stress and problems I can really do without.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hello,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 19

Good Morning.

I've searched back for the email and it does have a chat and a number at the bottom so I will try that later when I get home again. I didn't realise all the contact areas were different. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Did the email contain any information on how to contact the trials team? If not then please can you add your name and home telephone number/account number to your Community Profile and we will pass this over to the trials team to see if someone can reach out to you. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 19

Sorry for the delay in replying. I had a callout and have only just got home.

Yes, I was emailed directly.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi iansand

How did you join the trial, did you receive an email?

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 19

I contacted general chat yesterday, not the trials team. I wouldn't know how to do that? I thought this was access to the fibre trial people?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi,

Ok thank you for confirming. Was this raised directly with the trials team? Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to assist on the Community as all trials are supported by the trials team only and we'd recommend contacting the trials contact directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

iansand
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 19

Hi Michelle,

Yes it is.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, is this a Future Fibre/FTTP trial?

Thanks

0 Likes