Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Last caller barring not working

42 REPLIES 42
Overdale
Chatterbox

Like a number of other posters, for some time now all I get after dialling 14258 is silence. I have tried unchecking the box on "My Services" to deactivate . Then having waited for the change to have taken place I have rechecked the box to reactivate LCB. All to no avail, simply silence after dialling 14258.

Everything else in respect to me home phone is working fine. I do not have Call Safe activated but do have Annonymous Caller Reject activated.

Has anyone any idea as to when Talk Talk are going to finally get this problem fixed. Or better does anyone have a fix that I can apply. I have already read numerous posts and replies on this matter but none of the tips or fixes have worked.

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @Overdale

Thanks for your post, we are looking into this 

Can you try a quick test next time you want to block a number,  after dialing 14258 (then during the silence )press the * * and see if that's successful. 

Sorry again for any inconvenience caused

Overdale
Chatterbox

I'll do that the next time I get a nuisance call and let you know the outcome.

OCE_Arne
Rochelle
Insightful One

Me too. Just found it is not working so I have reported the number on this site somewhere!!

@OCE_Arne   I have just tried your fix and it didn't work!!

String
Participant

Same problem here (for about the third time) . 14258 is just dead , the  **  suggestion didn't do any good for me .

Have tried removing  Last Caller Barring and re-adding next day but nothing works. Tried to sort it through  'live chat' but as usual was misunderstood and all they did was remove Last Call Barring - not make it work as I requested ! 

Get so may hoax/failed calls over the past couple of years (due to the two Talktalk hacks) ---- it gets very annoying . 

String
OCE_Arne

Thanks you @Rochelle our network team are investigating. 

@String can you update your community profile, thank you. 

Overdale
Chatterbox

Just to let you know that pressing ** during the silence after dialling 14258 did not do anything. Well nothing that I heard. All remained silent. It could well have barred the last call but without being able to interrogate my barred calls list how would I know!

My feeling is that the "system" is simply not recognising some home telephone numbers of Talk Talk customers and although the call to 14258 is theoretically "answered" no further action is taken by the "system". Surely someone should be able to sort this out. Is anyone trying to do this?

OCE_Arne
Sneckie15
First Timer

Despite numerous phone calls and live chat 14258 still not working. TalkTalk promised this would be fixed every time I contact them! 

OCE_Arne

Hi @Sneckie15  Thanks for posting,  This is still under investigation apologies for any inconvenience. 

iandixon
Popular Poster

Call bar still not working. Getting about 6 scam calls a day. I miss the intimidating voice saying "CALL BARRED" AS WELL!!

OCE_Arne
OCE_Arne
Sneckie15
First Timer

STILL not working.

Overdale
Chatterbox

Nope still complete silence when I dial 14258 as well.

BrianG1
Popular Poster

Hi I'm also having the same problem with last call baring not working.

When I call 14258 the line is silent, pressing ** doesn't give any response so I don't know if its worked or not.

This has happened intermittently since the new year.

Interestingly occasionally when I dial 14258 I receive the "To activate Call Safe,press 1" ??

Overdale
Chatterbox

That's interesting I have only ever had complete silence. I have never heard "To activate Call Safe please press 1"

BrianG1
Popular Poster

It happened this morning once and after that it reverts to silence