Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of time before voicemail activates

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 64 of 64

Im just wondering if anyone else has the same issue.

Im pretty sure it was working fine before the single ringtone saga.

But now instead of the voicemail kicking in after approximently 7 rings / 21 seconds mine is now around 11 rings and 34 seconds.

Because of the length of time its taking to goto voicemail most people are hanging up thinking I no longer have it.

Now according to TalkTalk this timing is set cant be changed so I know its nothing my end.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-TalkTalk-voicemail/ta-p/2223365

Voicemail.JPG

I cant help but wonder if its releated to the change over to Metaswitch.

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 1 of 64

@Nexster I will ask for the auto compensation team to look back into the fault.  You will receive an SMS/email when the investigation is complete.

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 64

Maybe its the way im reading it but I dont see where it says the weekend is excluded.

I can understand it from the way its shown in the example in regards to reporting the fault say on a Friday but not if they have already had 2 full days to repair the fault which they had in this instance as I reported it not working on a Wednesday.

This is taken from the total loss of service faults on the page you linked to.

Once you’ve made us aware of your loss of service, we’ll have two working days to try and fix the problem. After this, we’ll compensate you £8.06 per day starting from the third day until the day we restore your service, providing the fault is within the TalkTalk or Openreach network.

So as you can see it says third day and no mention of excluding weekends.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 64

How do your calculations compare to those in the help article? Remember the first two days and weekend are ecluded.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-your-auto-compensation-credit/ta-p/2326583

0 Likes

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 64

Hi Arne

Intresting as I thought that was for a different issue.

Doing the maths in my head quickly the amount of credit I recieve compared to each calender day the service is not repaired then im actually losing out on what I should of recieved.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 64

Hi @Nexster

Your account shows you have been credited for this loss of service from our CEO office. 

0 Likes

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 64

Could I have an update on this please?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 64

Hi Michelle

Yes it was.

As reported in this thread I lost complete use of the phone on the 12-5-21 and it was working again on the 19-5-21

0 Likes

Message 8 of 64

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Was this for a total loss of service fault?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 64

I'll escalate this thread for you, @Nexster, as it's a while since it was active. There's a separate team for sorting out compensation, so I suspect that as long as one of the support staff picks this up, they can send a chaser to find out what's happened to it.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 64

Not sure which Support team member this is a question for now.

While the fault is fixed and has been fine since I have not heard anything about the auto compensation for the time I had no service.

It been over 30 days and my bills are around the 23rd of each month so I thought I would of seen something on my last bill?

Can a Support Team member look into this for me please.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 64

Hi Nexster,

Thanks for the update, glad to hear it's working 

Chris

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 64

@cobaltblue wrote:
Oh Nexster, congratualtions, but do you get the 'new message' icon? That is what we all want to know!

I have the BT 8500 handsets which has built in voicemail even thlough I dont use it..

Because of that I dont belive I would see the icon on my phone.

Sorry

The easiest way I find to check for messages is just to pick up the phone and see if the dialtone has changed.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 64
Oh Nexster, congratualtions, but do you get the 'new message' icon? That is what we all want to know!
0 Likes

Message 14 of 64

Hi Michelle

I hadn't forgotten to come back and report I just wanted to give it till midday just to make sure all is well.

As it stands all is working well thank you.

I can make and recieve calls and the voicemail kicks in after the correct amount of time.

Just need to wait for the millions of pounds in compensation to roll in now. 😉

Thank you again for your help.

Message 15 of 64

Morning Nexster,

Just checking back in to see if the voice service is still ok?

Thanks 🙂

Message 16 of 64
0 Likes

Message 17 of 64

Hi Michelle

Thank you for that.

I will post back tomorrow as requested to let you know how its going unless it fails again in the meantime.

Regards

Message 18 of 64

Hi Nexster,

Thanks for the update. I've spoken to our team now and they advised that they did another sonus re-sync after 6pm last night so think that this was what resolved the voice issue this morning as it can take around 4 hours to complete. Please let us know if the voice service now remains consistent over the next 24hrs.

We wouldn't be able to comment on potential engineer charges until this is looked at by the team that deal with these, however as the engineer was unable to resolve the fault when testing at the test/master socket prior and after changing the socket and advising that they would need to pass it back to us then possible charges shouldn't apply. 

Thanks

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 19 of 64

Hi Michelle

Ok so yesteday I last tried using the phone around 9.40 pm and it still wasnt working.

I have just tried it this morning and I can now make and recieve calls and the voicemail appears to kick in correctly after 7 rings.

So fingers crossed all is now working correctly.

However I would still like to know please what the actual fault was.

I would also like to know what the BT engineers notes said regarding this fault and why the master socket was changed.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 64

Hi Nexster,

Apologies. No, I understand and I've contacted them again now to find out what is going on and asked them to update me ASAP.

Thanks