Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Length of time before voicemail activates

Nexster
Super Duper Contributor
Message 64 of 64

Im just wondering if anyone else has the same issue.

Im pretty sure it was working fine before the single ringtone saga.

But now instead of the voicemail kicking in after approximently 7 rings / 21 seconds mine is now around 11 rings and 34 seconds.

Because of the length of time its taking to goto voicemail most people are hanging up thinking I no longer have it.

Now according to TalkTalk this timing is set cant be changed so I know its nothing my end.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Using-TalkTalk-voicemail/ta-p/2223365

Voicemail.JPG

I cant help but wonder if its releated to the change over to Metaswitch.

0 Likes
63 REPLIES 63

Message 21 of 64

Hi Michelle

No nobody has contacted me.

It's been a week now with no phone and I would like to know what the problem is and when it's going to be fixed.

That's not a lot to ask after a week of waiting is it?

Sorry if it sounds like I'm having a go at you I'm not and I appreciate you trying to help I'm just getting frustrated. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 64

Hi Nexster,

Can I just confirm, did our team contact you yesterday after my last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 64

Hi Nexster,

I understand and I'm hoping to receive an update as soon as possible. Apologies again.

Thanks

Message 24 of 64

Thanks Michelle

I just hope they get back to you before you finish for the day.

Otherwise im guessing it will be tomorrow now before I get an update. 😕

I get that things go wrong but it will be a week tomorrow since it started and as it stands after an engineer visit the fault remains and I have no idea what the fault is or when it might be fixed.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 64

Hi Nexster,

I'm really sorry about this. I've escalated this now and asked them to confirm the next steps and I will post back as soon as they come back to me.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 64

Hi Michelle

I dont know if you class midday as 12 or 1 and I forgot to ask so I just went in the middle.

Im afraid to say whatever they have tried has not fixed the issue.

What is the next step?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 64
0 Likes

Message 28 of 64

Hi Michelle

Will do thank you.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 64

Hi Nexster,

Our Network Team have advised that a voice switch config re-sync has been completed and this can take up to 4hrs to complete. They have asked if you can confirm if this is working by midday please?

Thanks

Message 30 of 64

Hi Michelle

Thank you for that.

Can I ask what the engineers notes say regarding this fault please. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 31 of 64

Hi Nexster,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've escalated this straight over and I will post back here as soon as they come back to me. It's possible that they may also try and contact you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 64

@Michelle-TalkTalk wrote:

Hi Nexster,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've just re-run the line tests now which are clear. Does the new master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect just the microfilter and phone at the test socket and to call the line to see if it rings or if it is still engaged please? If it is still not working with just the phone at the test socket then I can ask our Network Team to take a look and advise on the next steps.

Thanks

Hi Michelle

Ok I have removed the face plate and plugged into the test socket as requested and if I ring the house using my mobile it goes straight to voicemail still.

And if I try and ring my mobile using the house phone while I have a dialtone nothing happens still after dialing the number.

I also tried ringing the house with the faceplate and phone not connected and again it goes straight to voicemail.

Can I ask please what exactly the notes state on the engineers report regarding the fix of this fault?

Im sure you can appreciate my concern now in that this is going to require yet another openreach appointment and that ill have to wait anotehr 3 days before I can get one.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 64

Hi Nexster,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've just re-run the line tests now which are clear. Does the new master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect just the microfilter and phone at the test socket and to call the line to see if it rings or if it is still engaged please? If it is still not working with just the phone at the test socket then I can ask our Network Team to take a look and advise on the next steps.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 34 of 64

Ok so heres where we are.

Hes come back  and put my master socket back together.

He said he found the problem in the exchange which was faulty talktalk equipment.

Hes now either swapped me over to different equipment or replaced it and apparently now you need to push out an update from your side in order for me to get a dialtone which you know about but can take upto 24 hours to complete.

He said hes done all he can and its now down to you to complete the final part and so has left.

Slightly worrying is that I do have currently have a dialtone but its the same old problem of incoming calls go straight to voicemail and trying to make an outgoing call nothing happens. 🤔

I just had an email from yourselves to say the issue is resolved and as it stands its not.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 64
0 Likes

Message 36 of 64

😂

Message 37 of 64

Hi Michelle I will do thank you.

He will have to come back thlough if he wants his equipment back!

DSC_2095.JPG

Message 38 of 64

Hi Nexster,

I understand. If you don't hear back from the engineer by the afternoon then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 39 of 64

Me neither but I just wanted to make you aware that it has been changed and that it hasn't fixed the fault just in case someone does try to charge me for it.

He's still not come back from the exchange / cabinet yet so I'm guessing this is not an easy fix. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 40 of 64

Hi Nexster,

Apologies I see. I wouldn't have thought that this would be chargeable, however if you do receive a charge then we can definitely look into this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes