Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Fault - no response after 72 hours

davidm408
Team Player
Message 8 of 8

On Thursday I reported via online chat a line fault on my Mother's line (she's a TT customer - her phone number and address details are in the private notes section on my profile). She has Alzheimers and lives 300 miles away, so is finding it distressing to not have contact with us via phone. As of just now we have had no text info to update us and her online account says the fault is being investigated. I understood we should receive an update within the 3 working day period (5 days including the weekend). I tried to escalate the issue on Friday via phone but was told this was not possible.

This is difficult to manage remotely. Could someone give an update or now escalate this issue please?

Much appreciated

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

UPDATE - Just had a call from Mum - landline working OK now. Engineer visited late morning - as promised! Many thanks for the help...

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Hi, just wondering if there's any update on this - still showing as a fault in Mum's My Account. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Any other issues or updates, ask the Community, you'll always find us helpful.

Regards

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Many thanks for this. Very grateful!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

OK, my colleague has just emailed me back.  He can see the fault is logged but looks like this is stuck in the openreach system.  He is giving them a call now and advises he'll make sure they have an engineer out in the morning.  I'll let you know if there are any further updates.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 8

Hi

Just caught me in time, was just popping out to the shop 🙂

This was logged to BT Openreach on 4th.  I've checked for updates and nothing showing on the fault tracker.  The fault is still open with them but no details to advise if this is related to a common fault.

I've just emailed a network colleague to give BT a call or chat and get the latest info from them.  As soon as they reply I'll post the update here.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Sorry to hear this, I have flagged this up for you, hopefully the support team will look into this as soon as they can.

0 Likes