Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line fault

jaguarsimon
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

How do I report a problem with my line?

I'm not getting a dial tone and cannot make outgoing calls.

Incoming calls, the phone rings but when I pick it up, I can only hear some muffled ringing, then it goes dead.

There has been no change to my internal wiring and a second phone in the socket does the same thing.

Work was recently done in the local cabinet to connect me to fibre. There has also been some local flooding which has flooded the three BT cable pits outside my property which united utilities are currently working on.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Steve5454

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Steve5454
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Hi. I have a fault and have had a message saying an open reach engineer will be out within 2-3 working days. Is there anyway I can find out when please?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi jaguarsimon

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Yes, it works now thanks!

Message 5 of 10

Hi jaguarsimon

Apologies for the delay.

The fault was closed by Openreach on 28/12 -  Fault found in underground cable.

Is this all working ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Staff are off the forum until next week,  @jaguarsimon.

For support meanwhile,  Chat is available:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Or phone 03451 720046

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

That's fantastic Debbie, thank you so much for doing that. It's still not working. Could anyone update me on what's going on? There was an Openreach van outside this morning but it was parked outside a different block of flats in our development, so not sure if they were looking at my problem or something else. I could really do with my phone working over Christmas as I have a poor signal on my mobile! Thank you.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi jaguarsimon

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which has detected a line fault so this has been escalated straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Chat may still be open right now.

Hours of availability and a link can be found if you scroll down on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

You can also phone 03451 720046, after 9am, @jaguarsimon.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.