Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Manage your Approved List on your Account

8 REPLIES 8
Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter

Greetings All.
This subject has been covered quite a few times over the past years but there seems to be no specific resolution to the matter.
I have tried for a month to remove entries from the approved list without success, have tried every browser known to man with varying result but none will remove the entries.
I became so fed up with TalkTalk support not offering any positive solution and stating that the case had been escalated and that I would be contacted by someone from the higher echelons ( don’t hold your breath ) I then decided to enter the mind numbing experience of using the telephone Manage your Approved List on your home phone
The bug here is if you take to long to enter the number it reads back only part of the number and you have to start again. How about enter the number then perhaps the hash key to let it know you are finished ( not rocket science is it ) So moving on I removed some numbers using this method and yes they disappeared from the online Approved Caller List but the most surprising thing is that the on-line method now appears to work. If you are struggling try this method https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-use-CallSafe/ta-p/2204789
Then open Manage your Approved List on your home phone.
I make no promises on this it worked for me I will be updating the next time I have to remove from the list.

Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter

Greetings All.

OK day 1. Removed entries from the Approved List on your Account, the web interface worked correctly as intended using Microsoft Edge as a browser. I have not tried other browsers because at this time I do not need to do so ( I will leave that up to the individuals who are having this problem ) I will only return to this subject when the web interface fails to function. 

New Thread:     Call Safe ( Using your own Answer Machine )

Have a look and see what you think

Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter

Greetings All

Some 30 plus days later things have returned to normal, the web interface is again throwing up errors when trying to remove entries.

I think it is about time Talk Talk fixed this bug or perhaps they just don't care as there is a working option via using your home phone. 

OCE_Arne
Community Team - TT Staff

Did you try to use a different browser some browsers have recently had updates.  

Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter

Greetings.

All browsers have been tried over various time periods. the site page is random sometimes it works sometime it doesn't. there must be a solution in there some ware.  its actually quite annoying having to use the home phone to manage it as it times out to quickly. 

OCE_Arne

Hi 

Can you please send a screenshot of the error please. 

Thanks 

Bayleyvilla
Conversation Starter

Talk Talk Call Safe 1.png

OCE_Arne

Ive passed this to the team responsible, Sorry for any inconvenience caused.