Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving house to full fiber area and keeping number

acecarriers
Participant
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I moved into a new house a few days ago and only just started the process of getting a new TalkTalk package (I know this is really late but our dates weren't confirmed until a few days before moving sadly). I had a landline number at my old property but at my new property there is only full fiber. I wanted to port this number over to a VOIP service (probably Sipgate basic) but I'm worried that the number could already be lost. So I was wondering how long TalkTalk keep a landline number for? If I switch to my new Future Fiber package, would I lose my landline number instantly?

Could I have some advice on this please?

Many Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi acecarriers

The cancellation request will stop a number port, We usually keep the number for a few months before its allocated again. 

Sometimes its not possible to port to a VoIP service aswell. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi,

It's currently pending cancellation, I'm guessing this is because the person that moved into my old property has got their internet now.

Would this class as an active member? Also would I still be classed as an active member, with the number still available, if I moved to the Future Fiber package?

Many Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

What is the status of the contract at your old property ?

Only an active number can be ported to another provider.

0 Likes