Home Phone

Get help with your TalkTalk landline and calling features.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My landline number has been changed without notice

sandip47
Repeat Guest
Message 9 of 9

Hello, recently I changed from Sky to Talk Talk. I have noticed that I have a new landline number. I would like to keep my existing landline number that I have used for over 20 years.

Before I signed up I read that you can normally keep your existing number. I was previously with Talk Talk before I switched to Sky and now back to Talk talk.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

sandip47
Repeat Guest
Message 2 of 9

Update.

So I phoned Sky, it looks like my service is still active. According to the Sky representative Talktalk haven't made any attempts to cancel my service. They put me through to the retention team who managed to provide me with additional discounts making the price more or less the same as Talktalk. If I stay with Sky I should be able to keep my original landline number. They recommended I cancel my Talktalk package using the cooling off period.

I phoned Talktalk and informed them of my intention to cancel. (My service was active on 20/9/21) The cooling off period is from the date you sign up not the date your service is active. I was outside of the cooling off timeframe. Because of my previous attempts to have my landline number change documented on file, they decided to allow me to leave and wave any additional charges.

My service is due to end on 28/10/21 and my Sky service is currently still active. When I Joined Talktalk and had the "new line" installed, they haven't added any additional wall sockets. I think they just switched the line so the socket now outputs to the talktalk new line.  I am hoping after the 28th of next month If I connect my Sky router to the socket it should just work and my landline will automaticly change back to my old number upon talktalk services being disconnected. The person who I spoke to on the phone gave me the impression that this will be the case. I hope so.

Thank you for all the assistance.

0 Likes

sandip47
Repeat Guest
Message 3 of 9

I will phone Sky tomorrow to confirm if it has been cancelled. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi sandip47

Thanks for updating your profile.

The order to transfer back to us was a new line order, meaning the landline number was not transferred, we can request a renumber but this might not be possible , Have you checked that your Sky Account has been cancelled as they will need to release the number. 

Regards

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 9

Staff will reply next week now, @sandip47

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

sandip47
Repeat Guest
Message 6 of 9

Hello when I signed up, I didnt notice any option to keep existing number. I have updated my community profile info to show my current number which the account is registered to. I have also put my old number in the private notes.

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi sandip47

When you signed up, did you ask us to taken over the number?  

Can you add your account number to your community profile and I can have a look. 

Thank you. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

You would need to have specifically asked to keep your number when you made the order, @sandip47.

At this stage, it's usually too late, but staff will look into it for you. 

They respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.